By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

Around the Network

I got to the end of Chapter 11. I have Snow with over 6K HP and everyone else with other 5K HP. Just asking but is there going to be a difficulty spike when I get to Chapter 12? I want to make sure because if I am not, I atleast what to know.

The_vagabond7 said:
Man, this topic is huge. I come back a day later and there are ten more pages, awesome stuff, awesome game.

Quick question, about how strong should I be before I move onto chapter 12? I'm just piddling around in chapter 11, doing missions and the like, loving it, being as addicted as I've been to every other final fantasy I've loved, but I'm just wondering how long I should be doing this before moving on? I mean I don't want to just obliterate everything in my path for the next couple of chapters, I want to actually have a fight, but at the same time I hear the difficulty curve jumps up big time, and I don't want to get crushed.

Right now my characters are all level 4 in 1 of their 3 natural job roles, and haven't touched their 3 unnatural jobs. They are level 3 in whatever their other 2 jobs are, but are working on their way to a level 4 for each. For example, Lightning is a Level 4 Commando, level 3 ravager, and level 3 medic, and level 0 everything else. Snow is a level 4 sentinel, level 3 commando, and level 3 ravager, level 0 all else, ect ect.

Everyone has somewhere between 3-4k HP (except hope, the little dweeb just crossed 2k), Lightning has a level 25 Helter Skelter, and she's the only one with a weapon that good.

Is this sufficient and I should move on, or should I keep on just messing with missions for a while?

Also, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I never lose the ability to go and mess around on pulse right? I'm not going to get to chapter 13 and it's going to say "well, I hope you did everything you want because now you're save file is just before the final boss and that's all you can do." I get to come back and keep doing stuff right?

3 - 4K HP is very good

You can beat the final boss of chapter 11....that wuill expand your crystarium.....after that you can save & continue grinding to fill up that crystarium level before chapter 12 (thats what I'm doing)

or you can just go into chapter 12 as you are......which loads of people have done.

Its your choice.....I just want this game to LAST FOREVER!

So I'm grinding to get the level 5 crystarium done for my main "battlers".

I just love messing around in pulse too, digging treasure with chocobo's & so on!!

Oh and you can go to pulse & mess around AFTER the game ends to don't worry.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darth can you redo the taejin's tower missions again, the only reason why i ask is because my ratings was not 5 stars and i have already saved over my last chapter 11 save, and i will have to restart chapter 11 again f i can't redo them as i really want that platinum trophy lol!!

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
darth can you redo the taejin's tower missions again, the only reason why i ask is because my ratings was not 5 stars and i have already saved over my last chapter 11 save, and i will have to restart chapter 11 again f i can't redo them as i really want that platinum trophy lol!!

ohhhhh so thats the problem your having

those missions will be LOCKED till you beat the boss of chapter 11

after you beat the boss of chapter 11 you can go back & do these missions

sorry I didn't tell you the right answer over PSN....I thought you hadn't done the missions the first timer ound.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
jneul said:

ohhhhh so thats the problem your having

those missions will be LOCKED till you beat the boss of chapter 11

after you beat the boss of chapter 11 you can go back & do these missions

sorry I didn't tell you the right answer over PSN....I thought you hadn't done the missions the first timer ound.

thanks darth i will try that before restarting chapter 11 lol, i am hoping you are right lol, if not i was gonna do a new story plus (if it has that mode) anyway to pick up that platinum thanks

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

well.. i just Staggered an Enemy to 999.99% and attacked him with Fangs Special Move.. (with Genji Gauntlet..)...

... lmao.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:

well.. i just Staggered an Enemy to 999.99% and attacked him with Fangs Special Move.. (with Genji Gauntlet..)...

... lmao.

999.999 damage? :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:

... lmao.

dunno, i couldnt count all those perverted Numbers, but i killed the Giant Catuar (70%~ left) with this Attack.

but i like lightnings Move too, once staggered, she can push the Stagger Counter up like it is nothing. ^^

But Hope's is also cool.. :D

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:

... lmao.

dunno, i couldnt count all those perverted Numbers, but i killed the Giant Catuar (70%~ left) with this Attack.

but i like lightnings Move too, once staggered, she can push the Stagger Counter up like it is nothing. ^^

But Hope's is also cool.. :D

When do you get those special moves? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"