By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
FF13 can top more than 10 mil because the title is made for everyone if you play an another FF and you haven 't played another you will struggle to get in the spirit of the game this one it makes the gameplay more simple and also more enjoyable the linearity is not that bad but still the 9/13 chapters are linear as a piece of string and not to mention this chapter thing reminds me more of a FPS or a Hack 'n Slash than an rpg that 's why they said it more like a FPS

it won't top 10 mil

Around the Network

ok i started the game on thursday after completing Star Ocean LH.

Im currently on chapter 4 so heres my ratings so far

CHAPTER 1: 4.0,
not much really happened, battles were very easy and it took me a while to get used to the battle system after just coming from Star Ocean LH where you have full contorl over your character during battles, so i found it hard to get used to.

CHAPTER 2: 6.0,
the story starts to pull me in and the battle system starts growing on me.

CHAPTER 3: 8.0,
The envoirments are stunning and the battle system seems to be getting even better Also the characters really starting growing on me in this chapter and i started getting that feeling of not wanted=ing to come off the game just so i can see what happens next.

CHAPTER 4: 9.0
Awesome simple as that, i now think that the battle system is THE best Final fantasy battle system there is, the linearity of the game doesn't bother me in the slightest as i find the game unique for a rpg in this way and thats good. im also really loving the story and cant wait to see what happens, i look forward to when it goes into a cutscene so i can see the next part of the story. Lightning in my opinion could also pan out to be the most interesting final fantasy character thats been created, the way she doesnt say too much but says enough so she doesnt seem boring is great and it just seems like shes hiding something. shes also tough as nails!.

so overall the game has got better and better and im REALLY enjoying it, the graphics are stunning as are the enviornments,and the charatcers are all likable and have there own story which is also great.

Now i have a question about the game;

could someone tell me which weapons are the best ones per character to upgrade as i dont want to waste my components on weapons which arnt as good as other ones. Cheers!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Wagram said:
XIII i liked 13s story. But I expected something amazing. Which was my fault I suppose. Just with terms like l'cie and fal'cie how couldn't you think that. But it isn't a bad story.

I'd say the story IS amazing

because of the cast, world & lore

not so much because of what happens.

I will be honest....the cocoon, pulse, l'cie, fal'cie thing fascinates me & after reading the datalog I SERIOUSLY want a spin off, ideally a prequel based on pulse & cocoon.

The world they crafted is imo the best in a FF ever

But if we were to say story = only what happens & so on

then its a good story.

But I would include the character development, lore, myth, world & so on into the "story" sub heading...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mitsuhide said:
the collectors edition guide doesnt stay on the page you want it too, it just keeps flipping back on its own! grrrrr :P

Yes, high quality paper sucks ass, the front cover and back snaps/tears at the joint and the pages are stiff. I don't dare force it open either. I just ran through without a guide and if I ever needed a hint the internet has always been better :)

kiefer23 said:
mitsuhide said:
the collectors edition guide doesnt stay on the page you want it too, it just keeps flipping back on its own! grrrrr :P

Yes, high quality paper sucks ass, the front cover and back snaps/tears at the joint and the pages are stiff. I don't dare force it open either. I just ran through without a guide and if I ever needed a hint the internet has always been better :)

i agree, this thread alone as been more help than the guide, i havent really used it yet apart from for maps and missions and a few tips on eidilion battles

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

Chocobos are AWESOME!

mitsuhide said:
Chocobos are AWESOME!

they are, indeed! :]

btw, CP Grinding sucks.. 4 roles for everyone, 2 more to go..

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

4/5s on a Cactuar :)

@Kylie: with Light/Hope/Snow, i had the opposite Setup.. xD yes Hope's HP are crap, but you dont care anymore when you get the Damage-preventing Items, and Hope is the best End-Game Caster, by far.

My Setup: Claire/Vanille/Hope, and if i need a Sentinel (or perverted Stagger-Damage), Claire/Fang/Hope

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Man, this topic is huge. I come back a day later and there are ten more pages, awesome stuff, awesome game.

Quick question, about how strong should I be before I move onto chapter 12? I'm just piddling around in chapter 11, doing missions and the like, loving it, being as addicted as I've been to every other final fantasy I've loved, but I'm just wondering how long I should be doing this before moving on? I mean I don't want to just obliterate everything in my path for the next couple of chapters, I want to actually have a fight, but at the same time I hear the difficulty curve jumps up big time, and I don't want to get crushed.

Right now my characters are all level 4 in 1 of their 3 natural job roles, and haven't touched their 3 unnatural jobs. They are level 3 in whatever their other 2 jobs are, but are working on their way to a level 4 for each. For example, Lightning is a Level 4 Commando, level 3 ravager, and level 3 medic, and level 0 everything else. Snow is a level 4 sentinel, level 3 commando, and level 3 ravager, level 0 all else, ect ect.

Everyone has somewhere between 3-4k HP (except hope, the little dweeb just crossed 2k), Lightning has a level 25 Helter Skelter, and she's the only one with a weapon that good.

Is this sufficient and I should move on, or should I keep on just messing with missions for a while?

Also, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I never lose the ability to go and mess around on pulse right? I'm not going to get to chapter 13 and it's going to say "well, I hope you did everything you want because now you're save file is just before the final boss and that's all you can do." I get to come back and keep doing stuff right?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.