By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is FF6 such a fan favorite?

I just beat it recently over the weekend on an emulator and felt that it was a great game, but I do not get why people are so in love with it. Obviously this is just my opinion, so I just wanted to know why so many people are such a huge fan of FF6?

I am 21 and played FF4 on SNES when I was like 5 or 6 so it's not like I am not accustomed to the the sprite versions. I still prefer 4, 7 and 9 over 6... so I just really wanted to know what makes everyone such a fan of 6?

Around the Network

1. It has the best villain, best final boss, best characters, best soundtrack, best plot, funniest dialogue, greatest scenes, best magic, best final dungeon, coolest evil emperor and best irritating wisecracking octopus of any Final Fantasy. Ever.
2. It has the worst...um...uhmmm...
3. ....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

^ and that's YOUR opinion :)

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

@ nikkom - were not talking about FFVII, were talking about FFVI.

OP- cuz it was an amazing game!!! It's deffinitley not THE fan favorite, but it's pobably the second or third most loved game in the series. I think the reson for this is:

1 - the epicness of the story.
2 - last Nintendo exclusive FF.

Im also playing it on an emulator, its very fun, not my favorite but still is great, has awesome music too.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
1. It has the best villain, best final boss, best characters, best soundtrack, best plot, funniest dialogue, greatest scenes, best magic, best final dungeon, coolest evil emperor and best irritating wisecracking octopus of any Final Fantasy. Ever.
2. It has the worst...um...uhmmm...
3. ....

Couldn't agree more. And I actually played FFVI for the first time last year.

AoiRayn said:
^ and that's YOUR opinion :)

Of course it's his opinion. Why the hell would he post anything other than his opinion?  :)

I liked it, but I thought it was too easy. Good game but not among my top 5 of the series. Kefka is hilarious though.

Wagram said:
I liked it, but I thought it was too easy. Good game but not among my top 5 of the series. Kefka is hilarious though.

perpride said:
@ nikkom - were not talking about FFVII, were talking about FFVI.

Well it's know that there are 2 sides of FF fans.. pre and after FFVII

Those who played the series before FFVII believes that FFVI is the best.. those who started at FFVII, and there are many of them, think that's the best game.. for me.. a pre FVII fan this went wrong:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)