By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Towns in Final Fantasy XIII Because They Are Too Much Work.

Wagram said:
If you are a story heavy person while enjoying a really good battle system then this game is for you. If you like exploration and lots and lots of side quests that aren't hunts. Then play something else.

So if you like RPGs, play something else?

There was a time when FF games had good stories, really good battle systems AND exploration and lots of side quests that weren't hunts.

But I suppose those days are over, since HD graphics have a come along and they're more important than gameplay, apparently. (and they are to some companies, since Squeenix had to choose between graphics and gameplay and chose the former).

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Wagram said:
WKC looks very explorationy. I'm picking that beast up on tuesday! :)

Heh, glad to hear it, but ... i didn't mention WKC... >_>

Oh, I know you didn't. Was just referencing a game that looks like it will have alot of exploration.

Kudistos Megistos said:
Wagram said:
If you are a story heavy person while enjoying a really good battle system then this game is for you. If you like exploration and lots and lots of side quests that aren't hunts. Then play something else.

There was a time when FF games had good stories, really good battle systems AND exploration and lots of side quests that weren't hunts.

But I suppose those days are over, since HD graphics have a come along and they're more important than gameplay, apparently. (and they are to some companies, since Squeenix had to choose between graphics and gameplay and chose the former).

I would give you a kiss if you were a woman. You know that, right?

I couldn't say it better.

Wagram said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Wagram said:
WKC looks very explorationy. I'm picking that beast up on tuesday! :)

Heh, glad to hear it, but ... i didn't mention WKC... >_>

Oh, I know you didn't. Was just referencing a game that looks like it will have alot of exploration.

Ah, alrighty then lol, yeah it should.

Hisiru said:
Kudistos Megistos said:
Wagram said:

I would give you a kiss if you were a woman. You know that, right?

I couldn't say it better.

Sowwy

I'm a man. With a beard

Still, I appreciate the compliment

Around the Network

They could have made it a Wii game then. Then it wouldn't be as much work to make the towns.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
They could have made it a Wii game then. Then it wouldn't be as much work to make the towns.

towns are not hard to make on HD consoles, look at most rpg's on any HD console you will see some form of towns, this article is over exageratted like all the other negative feedback for FF XIII.

if fact I am betting this is some kind of mistranslation, there is no way SE would say something like this ever, that would not be the best PR...

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
NJ5 said:

towns are not hard to make on HD consoles, look at most rpg's on any HD console you will see some form of towns, this article is over exageratted like all the other negative feedback for FF XIII.

if fact I am betting this is some kind of mistranslation, there is no way SE would say something like this ever, that would not be the best PR...

Uhm... jneul this is straight from square them selves ... they were lazy. and they admitted to it basiclly.

Hahaha, too much work. What a joke.

White Knight Chronicles, here I come!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
jneul said:
NJ5 said:

Uhm... jneul this is straight from square them selves ... they were lazy. and they admitted to it basiclly.

if it has come from square japan, is there even a slight chance of mistranslation?? anyways i have seen a vidoe of pulse, it doesn't look as bad as people are making out, there are towns, just less of them that's all.

anyways i can understand your point of view don't worry

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1