By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Towns in Final Fantasy XIII Because They Are Too Much Work.

Well making a full and detailed town does take a long time..

If you're one person making it... And it's fully accessable :p..

If I recall correctly towns in FFX were pretty small so... I don't think it counts. However, if they did it because it didn't fit in the game then that's fine.

I think they're just making excuses to all the people complaining over the differences between ffxiii and previous games.

Regardless.. They don't seem very confident in their game.. When they keep making excuses. Just wait for people to play the game and make up their own mind. These things don't really help.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

How the mighty have fallen.

I still can't beleive that after all that critic, Famitsu still gave it a near perfect score. Makes me think about the credibility of the magazine....
Seems they like are just riding the hype train liek everybody else.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
I still can't beleive that after all that critic, Famitsu still gave it a near perfect score. Makes me think about the credibility of the magazine....

Famitsu themselves have stated explicitly that they review based on what they think people want to see and the advertising push the game is getting. I'm so sorry that no one told you this sooner, and I hope you haven't based any decisions on their scores.

naznatips said:
Ragnarsson said:
And still, quite a few people have already said that FFXIII has FFX-sized towns. But no one seems to care - once you enter the "complaining" bandwagon, you don't listen or read anything that might calm you down. =P

Well, I couldn't care less about towns, anyway. So... still hyped!

Where the hell did people get this idea? People keep saying it has FFX towns because they saw someone else say it has FFX towns who saw someone else say it had FFX towns, etc. This idea has spread like wildfire among apologists, and it's completely false. I've got two friends with import copies of the game and it doesn't even come close. FFX, already, had less towns than most FF games, but still had half a dozen places to enter, shop, interact, and complete sidequests. Such a place does not exist at all in Final Fantasy XIII. Towns are static and linear entities in the game. Just a place to pass through on the way to the next cutscene. You cannot explore, you cannot shop, and you cannot complete sidequests in them. This is a blatant lie. 

This is a city in Final Fantasy XIII

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/final-fantasy-xiii-city/337279

It is a husk. A path on the way to the plot. There is no interaction here, and it's not what people are talking about whent hey ask for towns in Final Fantasy. If you don't care there are no cities, fine, but don't lie to the people who do care. So stop spreading the FFXIII = FFX bullshit. It's not true.

Well, I've watched that movie and I don't think there's a big difference between FFXIII's cities and FFX's. You cannot shop (though most of us buy stuff online, RPG characters can't) , but it seems you can enter them, explore them, interact... I guess I just don't know what you're looking for in a town.

N-Portugal.com - A Portuguese gaming site. Check the latest N-ews!

Around the Network

I wonder how alot of games get near perfect scores this gen. Call of Duty MW and MW2 for starters. I guess like 100 magazines and internet sites all lost their credibility too.

Silver-Tiger said:

A lot of reviews these days are all about the Hype.

And im not saying that FF XIII will be bad, its just some crucial stuff that would make this game more complete is missing.

Ragnarsson said:

Well, I've watched that movie and I don't think there's a big difference between FFXIII's cities and FFX's. You cannot shop (though most of us buy stuff online, RPG characters can't) , but it seems you can enter them, explore them, interact... I guess I just don't know what you're looking for in a town.

Then you don't know what you're looking at, or you don't want to see it. Did you see when he tried to go down a different path near the beginning? It was blocked, the "exploration" of the city is linear. There is only a single path available. What interaction did you see? You consider the passing conversations interaction? Most people consider interaction the ability to speak with the civillians, complete tasks for them, perform minigames, etc. Did you see questing? No. This "town" is just a straight path to the next cutscene. This is not like other FF towns at all.

Sounds like FFX to me, so again I don't get the complaints.

RPGs need towns its part of the genre, i was really suprised when i read that they arnt in FF13 its a big downer for the game. There was nothing like getting to the next town from a 2-3 hour adventure of battling and exploring, so your able to heal up, rest, and stock back up on items and just have a casual walk round and interact.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website