By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on 3rd party exclusivity

Signalstar said:
Sony owns the IP though? Do you want them to publish games on other consoles?

Is that aimed at me? If so no, I don't, I understand the important of exclusives, so while I agree Sony is fine to do it, I'm going back to my main point of them being hypocrit's, people can sugarcoat it all they like.

Around the Network

lol it's good to do sometimes but not alot... that's y we r gettin titles like heavy rain now rather than gta exclusive to ps3 a few yrs ago

Seece-

Yes, Sony is paying for these exclusives, but in the end there are more (or at least better) games to play as a result. Through Microsoft's actions with Bioshock, Tales, etc., we don't get anymore games than we would've had otherwise.

One adds to the mix. The other simply detracts from the mix for a certain group of people for a select amount of time. You can make a case for grey areas like Heavy Rain, but for the most part the two strategies have markedly different end results.

Ahh yes, so we can completely ignore GTA last gen and Agent? Please, spare me your idiocy Sony.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Actually, if anything it's Sony that detracts from the mix, because you absolutely need to buy a PS3 to play them, you have no other option.

With a lot of MS exclusives, you can either get a PC version, or wait, like, 1 year to get it on PS3. Gamers have other options other than 360.

I have both a 360 and PS3, so it really doesn't affect me, but saying Sony is adding and MS subtracting it is a load of bs. And I see the only platform you don't have listed below your avatar is a 360, so I guess I know where that comment came from.

Around the Network

Soooo... FF Versus 13 multiplat confirmed?

mass effect 2 coming to ps3 confirmed

This article is just an eye opener to the truth of how things are truly run...MONEY....see when this businesses don't make the amt expected then they begin to question the motive behind the exclusive...mulitplatforming is the way...sooner or later we will see gears of way...and many others thought to be only on the 360 moving to the ps3...once they crack that ps3 code of creating games for the system its only a matter of time...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Masakari said:
Actually, if anything it's Sony that detracts from the mix, because you absolutely need to buy a PS3 to play them, you have no other option.

With a lot of MS exclusives, you can either get a PC version, or wait, like, 1 year to get it on PS3. Gamers have other options other than 360.

I have both a 360 and PS3, so it really doesn't affect me, but saying Sony is adding and MS subtracting it is a load of bs. And I see the only platform you don't have listed below your avatar is a 360, so I guess I know where that comment came from.

Tsk Tsk. The M$ defense force is out and I see Selnor's little brother Seece is in here too. Now we just need Disolitude and this thread will be complete. Anyways, I love the "With a lot of MS exclusives, you can either get a PC version".....oh wait a sec, who also benefits in the PC market? wait for it.....wait for it.....M$. Therefore either way you look at it M$ has heavily played the game, and although Sony isn't innocent they generally have direct involvement in the development stages with LBP being an example. Considering you attempt to justify the M$ exclusives also being on "another" platform known as the PC, you are easily blinded by who runs that side as well, so although I don't see what consoles you own, I can still "guess I know where that comment came from."

It comes down to M$ moneyhatting left and right for exclusives or timed exclusives or Sony having their own dev team getting involved in the projects as well as funding them. IF you have half a brain you can easily realize which is the lesser of the 2 evils. I use to be happy with M$ in the console market but now I am wanting them to go away more and more and I am glad Europe is screwing them over with all those regulations with IE and I pray to see more to come :).

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Sony never disappoints with the hypocrisy.......

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!