By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Hardware up!

jarrod said:
Well, Wii is outselling PSP where it counts anyway: Games.

Um no, not this week

mM
Around the Network
Seece said:
GO PSP!!!

Spot on.

jarrod said:

This week or overall?

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

leo-j said:
jarrod said:

Um no, not this week

I'd meant in general.  Last year Wii sold about 3 million more games than PSP (despite selling about 3 million less units of hardware).

This week was close though...

Units in top 50

• PSP: 290,598 
  • Wii: 230,349 

Games in top 50

• Wii: 15
  • PSP: 11

New titles in top 50

• PSP: 3
  • Wii: 0

hmmm...looks like the PS3's 200k streak is looking to end...and I just posted "so far, so good" in that "PS3 will not fall below 200k thread"

Around the Network
jarrod said:

still spining things, i see

Maynard_Tool said:
BladeOfGod said:
@jarrod
i dont remember mentioning PS3 in my post...oh wait, you're trying to spin things, nevermind

@demoturk
i do, and that prediction is still not proven wrong (About FFXIII outselling NSMBW)

im totally serious

BladeOfGod said:

im totally serious

You think NSMB Wii vs FFXIII is in question, while PSP vs Wii isn't?

Take a look at this, just for a reminder. There's definitely a tough road ahead, but with its lineup shaping up for this year, along with Dragon Quest to prolong its later life, it's not totally impossible. Far more likely than an upset in this, that's for sure.

Anyway, it's good to see the Wii / PS3 so high up YoY. Home consoles need support!

BladeOfGod said:
jarrod said:

still spining things, i see

Last place handheld vs first place console.  Shouldn't really be any surprise Wii moves more games, even with the close-ish hardware figures.