By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega talks Shenmue III

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4293/sega-talks-shenmue/

As I mentioned in my previous post, Famitsu 360 just put out it's annual Japanese developer interview issue.  For the developer issue, Famitsu polls developers to see what their upcoming plans for the Xbox 360 are, which by extension, usually ends up pertaining to PS3 owners as well.

In this year's issue, Sega talked a bit about the oft-requested Shenmue follow up.  It's a title they still think a lot about doing, however, sales are a factor.  Neither of the previous games sold well, so Sega is hesitant about returning to the franchise.  They reassure fans, though, that if there is an opportunity to revisit the franchise, they would love to do it.

Sounds like Sega is hoping that one of the platform holders fund it, perhaps in return for an exclusivity deal.

Around the Network

i would love a "Shenmue Collection" like the God of War Collection.

i always had wanted to play Shenmue

It would also be a good way for Sega to "test the waters" for a sequel

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

could MS do million dollar deal with Sega and get the long awaited legend

could come out nicely as an xbox trilogy (they had the first 2 no?)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Yakuza is a better franchise and more succesful. They should stick to it.

Around the Network

ALLOT of time and money was put into Shenmue, I want the same for Shenmue 3, not some quick "here ya go" game.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I'd buy it.

MS will be on this me thinks.
But then again, there's supposedly a friendship forming between Sega and Sony, plot thickens.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

If it was to come to the PS3 it would be on my list. Sold my DC a couple of weeks before it was released so didnt get to play

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

rccsetzer said:
Yakuza is a better franchise and more succesful. They should stick to it.

This.  I hope Sega does a Yakuza Collection and put Yakuza 1 & 2 on PS3 like the GoW Collection.