By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Unimpressed with iPad & 3D in Video Games

Slimebeast said:
It's a little pathetic to bash 3-D just because u lack the tech to do 3-D yourself.

3-D gaming is gonna rock.

So Iwata shouldn't have an opinion on any of the possible trends in gaming unless his own hardware can support it?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Really i dont see my self putting using glasses to play game at home , if a have a party for 30 friends i will have to purchase 30 glasses ... nintendo will jump into the 3d but in a way that you dont need a 800 bucks TV set or glasses , i dont know how it will be , but they will do.... abolt apple ...hum i dont think that any device without buttons can be take serius as a game platform ,i mean how can you have a complex game if you dont have any buttons , I-pad is a a oversized Iphone ...sorry but for me its a fail ...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

yeah, I agree, ipod touch is super (I'm using it now ), but I pad looks like a big one!, I dunno about 3d tvs, it could be the ultimate gaming experience or it could be horrible

Is anyone at all impressed with iPad? I hope not... As for 3D gaming; I don't know what to make of that yet, I'll have to try it first.

Well, Nintendo blew the DS's screen up 2x times and did really well.
Apple blew the screen up 4x and should do twice better than DSLL.

Around the Network

Thankfully, Iwata shares my point of view on both 3D gaming and the iPad.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Thankfully, Iwata shares my point of view on both 3D gaming and the iPad.

Iwata rocks ^~ 

PS: I think that if in the next DS nintendo works with a partner like Motorola or NTT DOKOMO, to releases 2 version one with phone function and other without i think that Apple that will fear nintendo and not the other way around ...

Demotruk said:
Slimebeast said:
It's a little pathetic to bash 3-D just because u lack the tech to do 3-D yourself.

3-D gaming is gonna rock.

So Iwata shouldn't have an opinion on any of the possible trends in gaming unless his own hardware can support it?

I think that there is 3D game on the Wii but just like any other they sucks haushda 

I agree completely, but I'm somewhat biased against apple portable systems beyond the iPod. I dont like the itouch or the iphone, so I naturally dont like the iPad (does it come with a version that has wings?)

As for 3D monitor/pop out games, I've found that more than 20 minutes of it causes a headache. I was at a tradeshow that had a company doing this with a computer monitor. I have a strong feeling that I'm not alone in this, as Im not susceptible to motion sickness, vertigo or anything else. Strong like ox!  Yet, gaming with this method caused a headache. On top of that, it really didn't do much for me visually. 3D has always been a gimmick in movies, I cant see it being any different than that for gaming.

I wouldn't invest in either product.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:

I agree completely, but I'm somewhat biased against apple portable systems beyond the iPod. I dont like the itouch or the iphone, so I naturally dont like the iPad (does it come with a version that has wings?)

As for 3D monitor/pop out games, I've found that more than 20 minutes of it causes a headache. I was at a tradeshow that had a company doing this with a computer monitor. I have a strong feeling that I'm not alone in this, as Im not susceptible to motion sickness, vertigo or anything else. Strong like ox!  Yet, gaming with this method caused a headache. On top of that, it really didn't do much for me visually. 3D has always been a gimmick in movies, I cant see it being any different than that for gaming.

I wouldn't invest in either product.

I love 3D in movies , but even in avatar thet for me is the greatest movie ever , i get some headache after the session ... my girlfriend had it too , i think that this 3D that needs a special glass a special tv set up, dont worth the money that you pay for it, if all 3d in the world was like Phillips 3D Woox display would be great ( its a TV that displays 3d without any kind of glasses it rocks trust me) but wear glasses at home totally turn me off ...