By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts reports record second quarter

Anyone have a link/picture of that profit table with Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony? I'm wondering how far/close MS is to breaking even with the RROD cost and the original XBox.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Yes The Source was very close. 5.2 million shipped puts total hardwre shipments at 38.7 million and the 8.8 tie ratio put total software shipments around 340 million.

Impressive numbers

I tried my link to Neogaf ag but their site seems to be down. Im sure its been posted here, anyone got a link to a post here which has it reposted?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

MonstaMack said:
Anyone have a link/picture of that profit table with Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony? I'm wondering how far/close MS is to breaking even with the RROD cost and the original XBox.

If you count original xbox they probably will not break even in many many years. Not in this generation that is for sure. It was financial disaster (like PS3). Even with X360 they are still over 2 billion dollars in red.

Around the Network

go microsoft woooo!

KillerMan said:
MonstaMack said:

If you count original xbox they probably will not break even in many many years. Not in this generation that is for sure. It was financial disaster (like PS3). Even with X360 they are still over 2 billion dollars in red.

Yeah, they have a ways to, but this is a good damn start.  And they have to start somewhere.  Also, it looks like the non-gaming elements of the division were down around $50 from the previous quarter.

Twistedpixel said:
I tried my link to Neogaf ag but their site seems to be down. Im sure its been posted here, anyone got a link to a post here which has it reposted?

You're looking for this one?

http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=18269957&postcount=75

It's just the beginning!

In 2010: Windows Azure, Windows Home Server, Office 2010, Microsoft Natal.

And I would like to see Microsoft Surface for public, a Zune HD phone et Microsoft courier.

yaskar said:
It's just the beginning!

In 2010: Windows Azure, Windows Home Server, Office 2010, Microsoft Natal.

And I would like to see Microsoft Surface for public, a Zune HD phone et Microsoft courier.

Let's not also forget Windows Mobile 7, who knows, that could be very successful for them.