By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - uncharted hits 3 million:)

everyone including myself, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS SITE called Uncharted a FLOP when it released.. considering it only did 100-200k its first 3 months, ofcourse its a flop to many.

WHo would have thought the game would go on to sell 3 MILLION copies, LBP is another one that sold over 3 million.

mM
Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ Which is why some of you are jumping the gun when calling it's sequel a 'disappointment'.

OFCOURSe its a disappointment CGI, if it didn't sell on gran turismo & halo levels its a huuuuge disappointment!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

oh well..

Even if it goes and sell 2 million in the U.S which is unlikely, I think it should have done way more..

U2 should do 4 Million LTD which is a huge number for any game.

mM
Javaupdate said:
So we only get threads when PS3 titles hit milestones.

well sitting here moaning about it isnt going to get anything done is it??

make your own thread then, sort it out mate.

@Ot wow I was just looking at these numbers, pretty good..............preetttty good  :)

Xbbjf9s said:
Kantor said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Kantor said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Awsome..has anyone beat it on crushing?

Pretty much everyone has beaten it on Crushing, considering some 80 people in the Trophy League have the Platinum.

Well I haven't, I'm on chapter 9 any tips would be helpful...tired of getting my ass handed to me by those damn pirates.

Stay in cover.

Don't pop out for more than two seconds at a time.

Avoid melee combat like the plague.

If you're really struggling, play through on Hard to get some practice.

Crushing isn't easy, but it's doable with some skill and perseverance.

Thanks! I can make it ok when there are just a few but the big gun fights are a pain, not looking forward to the church.

I actually found that running and gunning in crushing yeilded better results for me in some of the bigger gun fights. Especially at the plane crash site and in the church. Sitting in cover and waiting for the enemy to come to me to get the shots off just wasn't working. So being more aggressive seemed to pay off in crushing which wasn't what I expected when I started on that level of difficulty.

I won't be attempting crushing on Uncharted 2. I just wanted to get 1 platinum trophy and I liked Uncharted so much that I chose it as the game that would sit in my platinum trophy case (would have made it Valkyria Chonicles if it had trophies). Being relatively easy to get all the trophies helped a lot too.

Very happpy for the success of this game. As a game with no online component whatsoever it is enjoying immense sales success in a generation where it seems coop/online play is almost compulsory for a game to sell multiple millions. A real testament to the quality of the title.

Why do people feel the need to complain when PS3 fans want to celebrate sales milestones for their favourite games? I don't begrudge anyone celebrating sales milestones for games on other systems; they should be celebrated. I'll be the first to congratulate NSMBWii for making it to 10 million...damn it it's already passed that mark... too late...OK I'm the first to congratulate it getting to 15 million, which it surely will. And Halo 3 has done brilliantly to cross the 10 million mark. That it's not done so often for Wii or 360 games is no reason complain about PS3 fans doing it. Let us enjoy the fact that our favourite PS3 games are meeting with success (and in some cases success that people doubted would come) and stop trying to kill the mood. I welcome Wii/360 fans who want to come and acknowledge the achiement. But if all you do is come here to complain about the existence of the thread then you're an example of console fandom at its worst, and it's something this site could do with less of.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ Which is why some of you are jumping the gun when calling it's sequel a 'disappointment'.

OFCOURSe its a disappointment CGI, if it didn't sell on gran turismo & halo levels its a huuuuge disappointment!

Ah, but you're forgetting the always flexible argument that if it broke 1m, it should have sold 2m. If it sold 2m, then it should have sold 3m. If it sells 3m, then it should have sold 4. And if the publishers' desired projections were lower than actual sales? Oh, well they should have projected a lot higher of course and sales were still a huge disappointment.

One thing that's clear in the case of the Uncharted franchise: quality titles sell over the long run. Granted SCE actually threw a fair amount of marketing clout behind the title long after debut with the release of the Uncharted bundle, likely in preparation for raising public awareness of Uncharted 2, but the point remains that Uncharted managed to pick up the majority of its sales long after the front load period of sales typically expected of games within the genre.

CGI-Quality said:
leo-j said:
oh well..

Even if it goes and sell 2 million in the U.S which is unlikely, I think it should have done way more..

It could do more. It'll hit 4 mill by year's end.

Depends on how long the DS3 + Uncharted bundles last.

Edit:

Actually, 4 million is probably impossible.  It's unlikely to get much of a boost over its fourth holiday season, and even if it magically stays >15k a week for the entire year, it'll only manage 750k or so.

Edit 2:

Looking at the game's total sales, it looks like it sold 1.8 million in its first year (as of its 52nd week), and a further 800k over the following year (2.6 million LT as of its 104th week).  So far in its third year, it has surprisingly already done 400k, partly due to the hype of its sequel and partly due to the controller bundles that hit NA December 26th.  It remains to be seen how much longer it can sustain such sales, but I expect the game to die off around 3.5 million.  Even for this to happen, the game would have to sell more in its third year and beyond than it did in its second year (900k vs 800k), something that is rather hard to fathom, but given current sales it seems feasible.

If they do a 1+2 bundle or something around the release of 3, it could breathe life into the game yet again, pushing it nearer to 4 million.

CGI-Quality said:
makingmusic476 said:
CGI-Quality said:
leo-j said:
oh well..

It could do more. It'll hit 4 mill by year's end.

Depends on how long the DS3 + Uncharted bundles last.

Edit:

Actually, 4 million is probably impossible.  It's unlikely to get much of a boost over its fourth holiday season, and even if it magically stays >15k a week for the entire year, it'll only manage 750k or so.

Edit 2:

Looking at the game's total sales, it looks like it sold 1.8 million in its first year (as of its 52nd week), and a further 800k over the following year (2.6 million LT as of its 104th week).  So far in its third year, it has surprisingly already done 400k, partly due to the hype of its sequel and partly due to the controller bundles that hit NA December 26th.  It remains to be seen how much longer it can sustain such sales, but I expect the game to die off around 3.5 million.  Even for this to happen, the game would have to sell more in its third year and beyond than it did in its second year (900k vs 800k), something that is rather hard to fathom, but given current sales it seems feasible.

If they do a 1+2 bundle or something around the release of 3, it could breathe life into the game yet again, pushing it nearer to 4 million.

You know we meant Uncharted 2 will hit 4+ mill right?

You got confused with Drake's Fortune, which yes I agree, will not hit 4 mill. Uncharted 2 will though, easily.

*ahem*

So I see. 

>_>

INCREDIBLE!!!!! Uncharted 2 will reach the same milestone very soon

no idea how to make this properly work

will be interesting to see what it will do LTD.