By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is your backlog?

Just beat Muramasa (Muso's story), didn't beat the dude's version. Right now I'm playing Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, Brutal Legend, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and still have Resident Evil 5 which I've barely played, but I think I'm going to sell it. Also still have to finish Scribblenauts and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days, but I think I'm going to sell those as well. I also currently working on FFVII bootlegged on my PSP, along with Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology which I have yet to start. Basically, I have a ton of games I'm playing.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
Nightwish224 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Nightwish224 said:

OH AND BTW, AN "OKAY" BATTLE SYSTEM?

Please refer to my quote below.

I have no problems with the battle system in and of itself, I do have problems with how long some of the random encounter battles can take. Read those dream sequences yet?

I never had a battle that lasted too long for Lost Odyssey. I'm thinking it has to do with yourself? If you think battles are long, just wait until the last boss on Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Long battles are not a problem with Star Ocean because the battle system is more fun. Lengthy battles on Lost Odyssey are not fun and take the game away from what it does well. As far as the last boss is concerned, he can bring it on for all I care, Edge's Rising Blade is unparalleled!

How are you having "lengthy" battles on LO? If it was ever a "long" battle, I appreciated the nice graphics of the characters. You're not going to have Seth in Star Ocean, so you'll need to rely on Lymle for healing, kay'? Personally I think Seth could whip Edge Maverick's ass any day. She'd totally destroy that bitch Sarah too.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Nightwish224 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Nightwish224 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Nightwish224 said:

I have no problems with the battle system in and of itself, I do have problems with how long some of the random encounter battles can take. Read those dream sequences yet?

I never had a battle that lasted too long for Lost Odyssey. I'm thinking it has to do with yourself? If you think battles are long, just wait until the last boss on Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Long battles are not a problem with Star Ocean because the battle system is more fun. Lengthy battles on Lost Odyssey are not fun and take the game away from what it does well. As far as the last boss is concerned, he can bring it on for all I care, Edge's Rising Blade is unparalleled!

How are you having "lengthy" battles on LO? If it was ever a "long" battle, I appreciated the nice graphics of the characters. You're not going to have Seth in Star Ocean, so you'll need to rely on Lymle for healing, kay'? Personally I think Seth could whip Edge Maverick's ass any day. She'd totally destroy that bitch Sarah too.

Pfft, no. Seth would start off the battle taunting the other side and Edge and everyone else would completely ignore Kaim and the rest of the party just to kill Seth out of principle.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Nightwish224 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Nightwish224 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Nightwish224 said:

Pfft, no. Seth would start off the battle taunting the other side and Edge and everyone else would completely ignore Kaim and the rest of the party just to kill Seth out of principle.

Edge would just bitch the whole time before the battle. He's known for that. Seth is an immortal so it wouldn't matter if you killed her 666 times, she would just come back to life. Edge could die and that's it!

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

As of tommorow (maybe later today) they games I will be playing are:

Company of Heroes + expansions: I took advantage of the Steam deal and they have just reminded me how CoH is the best RTS ever
Mass Effect 2: I can't wait for this one!
I am also playing a little bit of CoD and FIFA online

Certainly a growing backlog of games, just to finish:

PixelJunk Shooter

Battlestations: Pacific: Played it during the summer, but never finished it

Brutal Legend: I have completed most of it, but I just want to finish the SP

Dragon Age Origins: Again, most of the way through my first playthrough. I am considering getting the game on PC for my future playthroughs when I get a new PC)

Infinite Undiscovery: Well this has been on the list for some time, and might be staying on this list for a while

Fallout 3: Game of the Year: Haven't even started this, will probably have to wait for the summer

There are also loads on PSP: GT PSP, Motorstorm, WipEout Pulse, Patapon 2, Final Fantasy VII, GTA CTW and Dissidia
As well as those PSP games, I have some which I probably won't complete ever: Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Resistance Retribution, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters,

AND... I have Psychonaughts and KOTOR on PC, which I picked up for £3 in total off Steam

There are also loads of games that I want to revisit for trophies/achievements:

Mass Effect, Shadow Complex, Ace Combat 6, Halo Wars, TC End War, Killzone 2 and Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII

Around the Network

about 30-40 games that i am going to

and about 100 that i just bought that i was excited about but don't like playing them now

So, how many people here would consider themselves now collectors. Not saying you intended to be there, but now you acquire games, knowing in your heart you will probably not finish them.

Waaaaaay too much and yes I bought quite a bunch of older games and duplicates (well not exactly duplicates, but games I already own on another system), just to make my collection look better (and cause they're cheap as hell) :)

I'd say mine is about 150-200 games. I wont bother listing them all. >>

Currently own: PC (duh), SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP.

My list is so long I can't even keep count.

Wii:
Super Paper Mario
Elebits
SSX Blur
Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros
Zelda
(all started, never finished)
and more

PS3:
Burst Limit
Killzone 2
Folklore
Demon's Souls
FF13
GT5 Prologue
Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time
God of War Collections
End War
(again, all started but never finished)
and others

360:
Need to start:
Assassin's Creed
GTA4
Star Ocean
Forza 3
Need to finish:
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Lost Odyssey
Prince of Persia Classic
Shadow Complex
and others
Still sealed:
Blue Dragon
Tales of Vesperia
And oh, I just traded for Borderlands and Kingdom Hearts Re:chains fo memories, just got Kingdom Hearts 5/328 or whatever that was, Dragonball Origins, FF3 DS, FF4 DS, whole bunch of RPGs for PS1 and PS2, FF7 CC and Dissidia and FF1 and FF2 for PSP. It's ridiculous...

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW