By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

phil said:

You're allowed to like or hate whatever combination of game you want. But if you're not objective about it, you're not allowed to pretend that what you think matters. I know I'm not terribly objective, so I don't go around telling people that X is garbage. This is what we call intellectual honesty!

Also, pretending that you no longer care about your original criticism because you know it's about to get hosed is pretty cowardly. Why don't you just admit that it was crap in the first place? It's not that hard, really.

And who are you to tell somebody who has been around on these forums for a shitload longer than you and is well respected by most of the community what he is allowed to do? 

He hasn't wavered in his criticism as far as I can see in fact the only person who hasn't backed up their point is you, saying that you could button mash without looking on other 3D platformers and win.

Then you go on to criticise him for not bullshitting when you ask him if he played GoWII?

Seriously man, your posts are just full of WTF? From what I can see your basically saying his opinions are bullshit because you don't agree with them?

Around the Network
twesterm said:
phil said:
twesterm said:

phil said:

You've speculated before. Why not the wild uneducated BS now?

I had a nice little response all typed up with speculations on my thoughts of God of War II but I decided I really don't want to give them to you. Not because I'm afraid you're going to rape me, but because I have no reason to.

If I say I love the game, you come up with your awesome proof that I know nothing and make me go home crying even though you're only going off a game I've never really played. If I say I don't like the game you'll say since I don't like that game I can't like any game similar to it which is crap. Am I not allowed to like Starcraft if I don't like Warcraft? Am I not allowed to like Doom 3 if I don't like Quake 4? Am I not allowed to like Super Mario Galaxy if I don't like Ratchet and Clank? Am I not allowed to like Excite Truck because I don't like Motorstorm? the list goes on.

Actually, nevermind all that, I feel like being fickle today. I love God of War II. I'm all for wasting your time and seeing your thread closing show.

You're allowed to like or hate whatever combination of game you want. But if you're not objective about it, you're not allowed to pretend that what you think matters. I know I'm not terribly objective, so I don't go around telling people that X is garbage. This is what we call intellectual honesty!

Also, pretending that you no longer care about your original criticism because you know it's about to get hosed is pretty cowardly. Why don't you just admit that it was crap in the first place? It's not that hard, really.

I tell you I've never played God of War II and you get unhappy and tell me pretend. I do that and you're still unhappy. I really don't know what you want me to do there.

As for Heavenly Sword, I don't get where you got that I wasn't objective. I went at the game with an open mind and hated it. If I came back and said I loved it, would I automatically be biased for it and considered a fanboy?

As for not sticking to my criticisms of the game, where have I faltered on those? If I didn't care about them or stand behind I wouldn't bother replying. Now with God of War II, yeah, I don't stand behind made up criticisms of that game because I've never played the game and they're, you know, made up.

I don't care that you hated the game.  I said that you essentially calling it a mindless button masher is a load of horse shit.  And it still is.  Any similar game faced with your criteria for whether or not a game is a button masher pretty much fails, thus the criteria is garbage.  That's the point.

"And who are you to tell somebody who has been around on these forums for a shitload longer than you and is well respected by most of the community what he is allowed to do?"

How about you point out the wrongs in my logic instead of this argument from elitism.  A lower User ID and warm fuzzies from people around you doesn't make you right.

"He hasn't wavered in his criticism as far as I can see in fact the only person who hasn't backed up their point is you, saying that you could button mash without looking on other 3D platformers and win."

You can button mash on other 3d platformers and win.  I did so, but was not going to go through the hassle of putting up a video if the response was going to be, "Well that game is dumb." 

"Then you go on to criticise him for not bullshitting when you ask him if he played GoWII?"

Saying he hadn't played GoW II wasn't bullshitting.  The bullshitting part is the part where, after asking me to post proof that you could just randomly press buttons in another game and get through a part of it, he pretends that he doesn't care.

phil said:

I don't care that you hated the game. I said that you essentially calling it a mindless button masher is a load of horse shit. And it still is. Any similar game faced with your criteria for whether or not a game is a button masher pretty much fails, thus the criteria is garbage. That's the point.

You do know the purpose of the demo is to get a good feel for the game correct? When I can play 95% of the demo without even looking at the screen I would call that a mindless button masher. If you needed to be reminded of the fact, I'll point you back to the video.

I know you love to point out that I lost so much of my health in the video, but remember the average player will in fact *gasp* lose health.

phil said:

Saying he hadn't played GoW II wasn't bullshitting. The bullshitting part is the part where, after asking me to post proof that you could just randomly press buttons in another game and get through a part of it, he pretends that he doesn't care.

Believe, there wasn't any pretending, I find wasting your time much more interesting than talking about God of War II.

Saying he hadn't played GoW II wasn't bullshitting. The bullshitting part is the part where, after asking me to post proof that you could just randomly press buttons in another game and get through a part of it, he pretends that he doesn't care.

Post a vid of you beating a decent amount of it without looking?

Around the Network

Rath, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I think he failed to realize I was merely mocking him about his BS claim about my HS claim. I know he can't prove that almost every platformer (since he did say that) can be beaten by mindlessly pressing two face buttons and he knows it as well.

I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to post my first impressions as they're not good. I'm not entirely thrilled right now. 2 reasons I can name up ... the menu / PSN store is giving me a splendid headache because the letters are so freaking small and my system froze 3 times!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

24 hours later... survived my headache and getting slightly used to the menu, PS3 no longer freezes with PSN so far, thank god and am so far very pleased about the BC, which was so important to me, to buy this PS3 in the first place ;) Played Oblivion GoTYe a bit yesterday evening... very impressive game, indeed ;) Never played a first person RPG before and especially not a Western RPG, so have many things to get used to, when playing this game. First impressions were "outstanding game!"

I'm surprised how I easily get used to controls. I could deal with the sixasis controls in no time. Played the demo of Uncharted, but only a small bit. Normally these type of games, what concerns gameplay, aren't my thing, but the atmosphere, sound, story, kind of drew my attention. Unfortunate I'm experiencing frame rate issues in the US demo, which is too bad, as the game is a true beauty... *cough*, especially Nate *grin*.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

twesterm said:

Rath, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I think he failed to realize I was merely mocking him about his BS claim about my HS claim. I know he can't prove that almost every platformer (since he did say that) can be beaten by mindlessly pressing two face buttons and he knows it as well.

On a semantic level, that's true and I should've chosen my words better.  I'd have to show just about every similar 3d platformer doing the same.  Either way, this could go around and around forever, so to hell with it.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on that claim.

Hope everyone had a good TG. 

*~Onna76~* said:
I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to post my first impressions as they're not good. I'm not entirely thrilled right now. 2 reasons I can name up ... the menu / PSN store is giving me a splendid headache because the letters are so freaking small and my system froze 3 times!

If I had to guess, would the freezing be from the news feed? It would slow my system down when I had it on (mainly when I didn't have an internet connection hooked up) so I turned it off and I don't have the problem anymore.