By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPad..... gaming option?

Apple iPad..... gaming option?

yes i can see how it would work 35 19.89%

yes but very limited 41 23.30%

maybe..... convince me some more 21 11.93%

no 79 44.89%

Total:176
WiiStation360 said:
This does kill the $489 large screen Kindle Dx.

Not exactly. Because Kindle Dx and other similar ebook readers are still definitely better for the reading. They call it e-paper not for nuts. 

So people who are not in crazyness about the multimedia of all sorts will keep buying Kindles and Sony Daily Readers as they do now.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
theprof00 said:
Grimes said:

If you don't own a kindle or ever wanted a kindle, this device probably isn't for you. A color kindle that can play video, music, apps and browse the web is something I think a lot of people would be interested in.

yep. Plus, kindle is 3g and free wireless anywhere, not just at AT&T hotspots.

Well, give it a year and the iPad 3GS will be out with 32GB standard for $399. Apple always hoses it's early adopters, and they pay it and flame others for their choices.

And then we flame them for spending exorbitant amounts when they could get the same thing for several hundreds less. :D

Munkeh111 said:
Some do have 3G

Anyway, I think it is crap, I would take a PSPgo over that any day of the year, hell, I would take an iPod touch over that. That is not gaming on the move, how stupid would you feel holding that up to your face in a busy area

I wouldn't feel at all stupid reading my books on it. Plus I don't really care what other people think? If you're that self-concious, then maybe it's not for you.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

theprof00 said:
CommonMan said:
theprof00 said:
Grimes said:

If you don't own a kindle or ever wanted a kindle, this device probably isn't for you. A color kindle that can play video, music, apps and browse the web is something I think a lot of people would be interested in.

yep. Plus, kindle is 3g and free wireless anywhere, not just at AT&T hotspots.

Well, give it a year and the iPad 3GS will be out with 32GB standard for $399. Apple always hoses it's early adopters, and they pay it and flame others for their choices.

And then we flame them for spending exorbitant amounts when they could get the same thing for several hundreds less. :D

Aye, it's a vicious yet enjoyable cycle.

Grimes said:
Munkeh111 said:
Some do have 3G

Anyway, I think it is crap, I would take a PSPgo over that any day of the year, hell, I would take an iPod touch over that. That is not gaming on the move, how stupid would you feel holding that up to your face in a busy area

I wouldn't feel at all stupid reading my books on it. Plus I don't really care what other people think? If you're that self-concious, then maybe it's not for you.

Gaming, waving it around in the air.

And here's a nice size comparison I saw on kotaku

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Grimes said:
Munkeh111 said:
Some do have 3G

Gaming, waving it around in the air.

And here's a nice size comparison I saw on kotaku

WOW it's quite large isn't it? ALmost like holding s ps3slim wherever you go?

10 hours of battery.

my archos android does 22 hours

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MDMAniac said:
theprof00 said:

kindle is free wireless anywhere, not just at AT&T hotspots.

That iPad thing works under only near AT&T Wi-Fi?! F* this, I'm uninterested.

My main problem with it as well.  It looks like Apple is trying to turn the net book market into a cell phone market with an iPhone on steroids.  Even though I think they're amazing with their hardware designs I hope they either fail here or someone else comes in and manages to be a lot more successful without forcing people to be locked in with a specific carrier.  Apple needs to stumble badly again.

Grimes said:

Well I think as an ebook reader the Kindle is superior.  Battery life and eink basically.  For reading magazines and so on the iPad seems great though.

OT:  Yes I think it is definitely a gaming option, obviously for DS like games and even for more traditional types seeing how chinatown wars plays on ipod touch with no buttons.

it's about iBooks.. come on 5 buck for the Twilight Saga.. that's a steal!!! *pays 699 + 5 just for the digital twilight saga*

And I can see me playing the secret of Monkey Island SE again on this thing..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)