By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake will 'blur line between games and TV'

Source: www.computerandvideogames.com

Psychological adventure Alan Wake will be the closest thing that gaming has ever come to a top-notch TV thriller.

That's according to Microsoft, who this week told CVG that the Xbox 360 and PC title would "blur the lines" between TV and gaming - and reiterated that the much-delayed game was on track for a spring release.

"Alan Wake is on track from a development standpoint and will play an important role in our Spring 2010 game portfolio," said product marketing manager Laura Disney, commenting that developer Remedy had "really polished the game over the last few months".

She added: "The time Remedy has spent on Alan Wake is indicative of the final result players can expect to see. The storyline will run as a driving factor throughout the game, creating an atmosphere that captivates the player in a way that many straight-out horror games do not.

"Alan Wake will blur the lines between video gaming and television, and play on the strengths of both to create something truly compelling. "

Around the Network

I can't wait to finally get my hands on this, a firm release date would be nice!

PC too? Is this confirmed? Also, I swear this is what Heavy Rain is aiming for. Can't wait for these spring games, what a year!

I don't like TV shows so I'll probably skip this, just like I do games that try to be movies.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Yeah, and Heavy Rain will be the closest thing to real life, we get it, developer games just do not want games to be games anymore and other crap.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

wow. i'm excited for this as should other gamers. come on now, we need games to evolve. looking forward to more footage. =]

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Beuli2 said:
Yeah, and Heavy Rain will be the closest thing to real life, we get, developer games just to not be games anymore and other crap.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi but what are you trying to say here? Yo no comprendo.

wait a minute theres a pc version? i thought it was cancelled.

CGI-Quality said:
Now where have I heard that before...............................?

Serioulsy though, Spring can't come soon enough.

Shit man, AW just took a cheap shot at HR!

HR should have a character that looks like alan wake afraid of the dark (to diss them back) That would be some funny shit.

Video game beefs FTW!

Is it fixed now? Sorry for bad grammar, I kinda rushed.

Above: still the best game of the year.