By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Microsft's New Japanese Campaign Work?

Will Microsft's New Japanese Campaign Work?

Yes 14 13.46%

No 72 69.23%

Too early to tell 18 17.31%

Total:104
freedom_is_illusion said:
Legend11 said:
It's going to take a lot more than 3 or 4 games for the Xbox 360 to become a real player in the Japanese market. It's going to take exclusive games released on a monthly basis with Microsoft explicitly stating that they are not timed exclusives for them to have any real impact.

They could have had a good start had they simply paid even more money to make the third party games they were getting in Japan true exclusives rather than timed exclusives. Now they have to work extra hard to gain the trust they have lost.

Of course if Natal takes off many of its games by the very nature of the hardware will stand a better chance of remaining exclusive even without Microsoft having to intervene.

I seriously doubt Natal is going to take off, it's going to be overpriced and probably have basically wii ports, people are only going to be interested in Natal for braging rights, their pretending it's going to be almost virtual reality but it's not even going to be close and one can only guess how many annoying bugs will make it not work right

I would say welcome to the site, but I get the feeling this ain't your first rodeo.

Around the Network

No, it will be stuck at 5 k average weekly.

Nope, not at all.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

CommonMan said:
Legend11 said:
It's going to take a lot more than 3 or 4 games for the Xbox 360 to become a real player in the Japanese market. It's going to take exclusive games released on a monthly basis with Microsoft explicitly stating that they are not timed exclusives for them to have any real impact.

They could have had a good start had they simply paid even more money to make the third party games they were getting in Japan true exclusives rather than timed exclusives. Now they have to work extra hard to gain the trust they have lost.

Of course if Natal takes off many of its games by the very nature of the hardware will stand a better chance of remaining exclusive even without Microsoft having to intervene.

I seriously doubt Natal is going to take off, it's going to be overpriced and probably have basically wii ports, people are only going to be interested in Natal for braging rights, their pretending it's going to be almost virtual reality but it's not even going to be close and one can only guess how many annoying bugs will make it not work right

I would say welcome to the site, but I get the feeling this ain't your first rodeo.

Me thinks the same, CommonMan.  He already just had his thread about "360 Exclusives that went to PS3" locked.

Basically, anyone marking either Yes or No is ignoring how the question was phrased. He asked WILL IT work, not DO YOU THINK IT will work. Therefore, unless any of you have a time machine the only logical choice any of us can make is "Too Early to Tell".

Around the Network

It seems that Microsoft is taking this serious as Famitsu is reporting that Microsoft will receive a lot of support from new Japanese developer for the 360

Add in the still secret game announcements I guess we can agree that Microsoft in Japan is looking better than last year.

Just want to play good games

axumblade said:
Legend11 said:

1. we don't know the price of natal or anything like that. Everything is based on speculation at this point.

2. We don't know if there will be any or many Wii ports because it uses a different technology from the Wii and most of the "shovelware" ports wouldn't appeal to the 360 audience. If there are ports, I could see them being for decent games on the Wii, which won't hurt anything. 

3. Bragging rights? How old are you? 

4. The bugs thing is given with almost any new technology but I could see that being the main issue. Fortunately, Microsoft seem to be trying to make sure the technology works as well as possible for whenever it is released. Otherwise, NATAL would have likely been a holiday 2009 release instead of a ??? 2010 release. 

1. True but I believe MS themselves said it would be around the 200 range

2. Ever think the wii has so much shovelware because of the control system? And Natal will just get sholvelware too?

3. 360 users are already bragging about it don't make this about me

4. lol what? MS trying to make sure they release a quality product that works lol thats funny, do I have to remind you that 360s still aren't within industry standards for electronics are 4 years?

nightsurge said:
Basically, anyone marking either Yes or No is ignoring how the question was phrased. He asked WILL IT work, not DO YOU THINK IT will work. Therefore, unless any of you have a time machine the only logical choice any of us can make is "Too Early to Tell".

Not really predicting the future isn't exactly impossible, if someone throws a ball you can predict where it's going to be, this is no different 

I don't care as a gamer, at least I myself will buy the games, new RPGs are always welcome.

@freedom_is_illusion: So am I to understand that since I bought AND LOVE my 360, I'm stupid?

WOW, truly you are a paragon of unbiased intelligence, spreading your light amongst the darkened masses!

On topic for the non-haters: no I think the Japanese market is a tough nut to crack, but I applaud Microsoft for being in it for the long-haul. If they stick with it I expect it will pay dividends eventually.