By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why New Super Mario Bros. Wii has sold over 10m units?

I was expecting a meltdown akin to what I saw on 1up forums earlier today - which kept me entertained at work for an hour or two.

I'm disappointed.

Around the Network

this is why

Well for me at least I prefer the DS version way more than the Wii version. I just don't give a hoot about MP Mario. Without that it would have easily been a DS game.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

^ You don't HAVE to play with multiple players. I played the entire game alone - never tried multiplayer at all.

Because its a great game. Wii receiving a price cut has nothing to do with the game hitting this remarkable milestone.

My advice would be to make a similar thread after this game hits 20m and ask the same question again..see if you get the same answers ; )

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Showertea said:
Easily game of the year for 2009.

False.

I agree.  It wasn't the game of the year for 2009.  However, it was by far the most important and will go down in history as the most well known and well liked game released in 2009.  The game will sell millions in 2010 and 2011 though.  The game isn't just a 2009 game, it is one of the biggest games of the decade and then some.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

leo-j said:

how if you haven't played all games that are worthy of that title? And don't dare say "its my opinion" because if thats so, then to me the pile of shit I found on the street and played with was my game of the year for 2009.

I am tired of the "its my opinion" card.. and no I am not ignorant to anyone's opinion, but how can you say a game is better than another game "WHICH HE IS CLAIMING, BY SAYING NSMB WII IS GOTY OVER THE OTHER GAMES THAT WON THAT AWARD" without having even experienced the ip?

Let me see if I've got this straight

Someone can't claim something as game of the year if they haven't played every other game released that year, since they might theoretically like any of them better?

Do you realize how specious that logic is?

And don't try to backpedal off of this, either. What's your game of the year, leo-j?

Khuutra said:
leo-j said:

how if you haven't played all games that are worthy of that title? And don't dare say "its my opinion" because if thats so, then to me the pile of shit I found on the street and played with was my game of the year for 2009.

I am tired of the "its my opinion" card.. and no I am not ignorant to anyone's opinion, but how can you say a game is better than another game "WHICH HE IS CLAIMING, BY SAYING NSMB WII IS GOTY OVER THE OTHER GAMES THAT WON THAT AWARD" without having even experienced the ip?

Let me see if I've got this straight

Someone can't claim something as game of the year if they haven't played every other game released that year, since they might theoretically like any of them better?

Do you realize how specious that logic is?

And don't try to backpedal off of this, either. What's your game of the year, leo-j?

I'll wager its a PS3 game  ..Uncharted 2 if I were to guess.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

This is the first main series home console mario in a long time. 2d mario is a big thing. Those who dwell on forums buy it because weve heard its hard and good. Kids buy it because its fun. People who were kids when SMB1,2,3,W came out buy it for nostalgia. Everyone loves mario

3D Mario = Great
2D Mario = Beloved