By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Capcom x Microsoft secret game is Monster Hunter Frontier.

letsdance said:
Train wreck said:
I see the damage control has already started. If this is a MS exclusive and their deep pockets, Capcom's only limitation on this game is their imagination for what they want it to be.

Damage control? Hardly. Need I point you in the direction of Magna Carta 2? I also don't think deep pockets would make much of a difference on a pre-existing game....

Magna Carta 2 is better than 90% of the the RPGs Wii offers, needs I point you to FFCC TCB?  Whose to say that MS x Capcom is going to release it as is? 

Around the Network
Yakuzaalfredofroylan said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
this is good for Japan but could seriously BOMB as Monster Hunter Wii did

I think we should redefine what a bomb is. By your post Yakuza 3, Resident Evil 5, Star Ocean among other big games are bombs in Japan too.

Yakuza,Resident,Star Ocean have always sold the same amount as their newest sequels.

but if you compare the sales of Monster Hunter 3 to older PSP and PS2 monster hunter games.You should really try to first understand and then reply or don't

Should prove interesting, as MH3 was quite a success in Japan, the first one TO be a success on a console in Japan. XB360 has a massively lower install rate in Japan, seems like a much tougher battle.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Solid_Snake4RD said:

If this game on the 360 outsells Monster Hunter 3 in Japan I will post a video of myself eating a portion of a sock

Train wreck said:
letsdance said:
Train wreck said:
I see the damage control has already started. If this is a MS exclusive and their deep pockets, Capcom's only limitation on this game is their imagination for what they want it to be.

Damage control? Hardly. Need I point you in the direction of Magna Carta 2? I also don't think deep pockets would make much of a difference on a pre-existing game....

Magna Carta 2 is better than 90% of the the RPGs Wii offers, needs I point you to FFCC TCB?  Whose to say that MS x Capcom is going to release it as is? 

Magna Carta 2 is at 69 on Meta while FFCC: CB is at 65 and ToS2 is at 68, that's not exactly a difference I would hang my hat on.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

As I remember Monster Hunter Frontier was never successful, and has been available for PC for 2 and a half years now. This is even less important than when MS announced FFXI was getting ported to the 360; i.e. extremely disappointing.

yup, ms fans better hope this isn't the announcement. Anyway, this sounds like a standard troll.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

I think we should redefine what a bomb is. By your post Yakuza 3, Resident Evil 5, Star Ocean among other big games are bombs in Japan too.

Yakuza,Resident,Star Ocean have always sold the same amount as their newest sequels.

but if you compare the sales of Monster Hunter 3 to older PSP and PS2 monster hunter games.You should really try to first understand and then reply or don't

Monster Hunter 3 destroyed every single PS2 Monster Hunter game

Including the PS2 games that came after the PSP games made the series huge

What are you on about

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

From what I read, the Wii MH outsold the PS2 MH games, only the PSP versions have had better sales. Be careful about trying to flame someone with misinformation.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

No need to dust off a 2 years old title since it's still running in japan on PC :p
Just maybe a new expansion included for both pc and 360 version.

Currently Playing: Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)

Train wreck said:
naznatips said:
Train wreck said:

What on earth are you talking about? It's an old MMO game. Already made. Pre-existing. The only difference between this and when FFXI got ported to the 360 is that this game is even less successfull and even later to the 360 from PC.

Ah I see, so Microsoft and Capcom are just going to dust off the two year old game, add nothing to it and release it as is.  That makes perfect sense. 

No, but it has the same name as a previous flop in the same territory. Think, "Haze:Reloaded" for PSP. Sure it will be different, but would you pick it up.