By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Cliff Bleszinski announces "Kick ass news soon. VERY soon."

disolitude said:
I predict its a new XBL game. Shadow Complex 2 maybe.

No way will it be Gears 3. You just can't pump out sequels like that...unless you are making Sonic games.

Gears of War - 2006

Gears of War 2 - 2008

Gears of War 3 - 2010?

Why not?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Why is this posted on the Microsoft forum BTW? Epic isn't owned by MS.

Well nearly. Alot of their games are funded by M$, they built UE3 specifically to work perfect for 360 ( why ME2 is console graphics king ) and they have loads of 360 exclusive stuff out and on the horizon.

lol. I hope it wasn't just the Gears costumes on LP2?

kiefer23 said:
disolitude said:
I predict its a new XBL game. Shadow Complex 2 maybe.

No way will it be Gears 3. You just can't pump out sequels like that...unless you are making Sonic games.

Gears of War - 2006

Gears of War 2 - 2008

Gears of War 3 - 2010?

Why not?

With Halo: Reach and Natal taking up a lot of Microsoft's Xbox advertising dollars it's hard to imagine they'd also have Gears of War 3.  Unlike Fable 3 for example it seems like Gears of War 3 and Halo: Reach would just end up stealing each other's thunder and hurting each other's holiday sales.

Its prolly Marcus and Dom being playable characters in Lost planet 2.

Around the Network

Epic is almost owned by MS ... dont expect more Epic PlayStation Games anytime soon or even ever... Sorry guys this is the way Microsoft Rules and Sony has no money to counter them.

Bungie (Halo)
Ruffian Games (CrackDown)
Epic Games (UT , GoW , Shadow Complex)
FeelPlus (Blue Dragon ... Others)
Remedy Games (Alan Wake , Max Payne)

Those and some more wont make games for PlayStation anytime Soon , maybe in PlayStation 7 we can see Games from those on a Sony Machine but before that just forget.

BioWare and UbiSoft is other Story ... Splinter Cell is only exclusive because MS has done alot of advertising in the 1st Splinter Cell and it comes 1st on Xbox and ofc Microsoft has give them some bucks ... Mass Effect 2 is due to BioWare Said that it will be a Xbox 360 EXCLUSIVE Trilogy...

But i believe Mass Effect 2 will come to Ps3 but NOT Conviction ...

disolitude said:
Its prolly Marcus and Dom being playable characters in Lost planet 2.

And that is so "kick ass". :/ Well, I didn't expect anything anyway.

iHuGi said:
Epic is almost owned by MS ... dont expect more Epic PlayStation Games anytime soon or even ever... Sorry guys this is the way Microsoft Rules and Sony has no money to counter them.

Bungie (Halo)

Those and some more wont make games for PlayStation anytime Soon , maybe in PlayStation 7 we can see Games from those on a Sony Machine but before that just forget.

BioWare and UbiSoft is other Story ... Splinter Cell is only exclusive because MS has done alot of advertising in the 1st Splinter Cell and it comes 1st on Xbox and ofc Microsoft has give them some bucks ... Mass Effect 2 is due to BioWare Said that it will be a Xbox 360 EXCLUSIVE Trilogy...

feelplus is making a PS3 game actually (the No More Heroes remake) and doing support work for another (Star Ocean 4).  They also made a Wii game (Ju-On) and co-developed a DS game (Blue Dragon Plus).  Also, Artoon developed Blue Dragon, not feelplus.  f+ did Lost Odyssey.

I think Gears 1-3 and Mass Effect 1-3 (and Shadow Complex 1-2) will stay exclusive, but next gen later entries will probably go multi (XB3+PS4).  Similar to Crash or Spyro on PS1 moving to PS2+GC+XB.  Though I also think there's a possibility MS will offer to simply "buy out" the Gears/Shadow IPs after whatever contract is up.

jarrod said:
iHuGi said:

Bungie (Halo)

feelplus is making a PS3 game actually (the No More Heroes remake) and doing support work for another (Star Ocean 4).  They also made a Wii game (Ju-On) and co-developed a DS game (Blue Dragon Plus).  Also, Artoon developed Blue Dragon, not feelplus.  f+ did Lost Odyssey.

I think Gears 1-3 and Mass Effect 1-3 (and Shadow Complex 1-2) will stay exclusive, but next gen later entries will probably go multi (XB3+PS4).  Similar to Crash or Spyro on PS1 moving to PS2+GC+XB.  Though I also think there's a possibility MS will offer to simply "buy out" the Gears/Shadow IPs after whatever contract is up.

@jarrod, not that I'm disagreeing with what you said, but I wonder if there has been any in depth studies on the effect of exclusivity on niche game sales.

For example, take a look at the Mass Effect 2/Bioshock 2 numbers.  ME2 looks to outperform Bioshock 2 opening week (still early for Bioshock 2 I know); is this solely based on the quality of Mass Effect 2, or does exclusivity help sell this game as well?

I don't know the answer to this as there are numerous factors that woud confound a simple sales vs sales analysis...but I do think it's an interesting concept.

By the way, for the sake of this discussion I would concede that no amount of exclusivity would match multiplatform sales for the bigger, larger audience games (ie GTA, COD, etc).

TRios_Zen said:
jarrod said:
iHuGi said:

Bungie (Halo)

@jarrod, not that I'm disagreeing with what you said, but I wonder if there has been any in depth studies on the effect of exclusivity on niche game sales.

For example, take a look at the Mass Effect 2/Bioshock 2 numbers.  ME2 looks to outperform Bioshock 2 opening week (still early for Bioshock 2 I know); is this solely based on the quality of Mass Effect 2, or does exclusivity help sell this game as well?

I don't know the answer to this as there are numerous factors that woud confound a simple sales vs sales analysis...but I do think it's an interesting concept.

By the way, for the sake of this discussion I would concede that no amount of exclusivity would match multiplatform sales for the bigger, larger audience games (ie GTA, COD, etc).

I think Bioshock 2 has it's own hurdles, and I don't think going multi is really one of them.  There really just seems to be a lot of fan animosity and skepticism towards it, I think 2K's really mishandled the roll out and promotion, plus the original bombed on PS3 anyway.  Really, if it were 360/PC only I still think it'd be in the same amount of trouble.

I do think exclusivity can "shine a light" on certain titles though.  Tales of Symphonia on GameCube is a good example, right game, right genre, right platform, right time.  Ditto for Capcom's early 360 games (Dead Rising, Lost Planet).