By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz Hirai confirms 65nm Cell, claims 20GB, 60GB PS3 not dead

Good thing I have the 60GB though......^_^

Around the Network

^Huh?

@ Soriku

If you have nothing to add on topic, then stop trolling. If you're not going ot buy a PS3 because it doesn't have BC then that's fine but don't act like that. The twenty and sixty gigs still have bc and some are in stock so yeah... that's it.

^ You're hilarious... that's all I can say.

Soriku said:
It has 0% harrware. All emulation.

You're wrong my friend. If the 80Gb was full software emulation then the 40Gb would have it too. The 20/60 have full hardware while the 80Gb has only GraphicSynthesizer hardware.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

@soriku

saying the 80GB PS3 is "barely" BC is TROLLINg

as in no language is 90% + BC "barely"...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

@soriku

ok...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Soriku said:
Sony is screwed if they don't have a model with almost 100% BC or 100% BC. This is why I won't buy a PS3 (not to mention I have no need for one).

Not to mention you can't afford one...  I will laugh my ass off when KH3 is anounced for ps3 and you'll be on the ps3 wagon :P or you will totally hate kh3 and square!  Go play wif ur Wii :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
Soriku said:
Sony is screwed if they don't have a model with almost 100% BC or 100% BC. This is why I won't buy a PS3 (not to mention I have no need for one).

Not to mention you can't afford one...  I will laugh my ass off when KH3 is anounced for ps3 and you'll be on the ps3 wagon :P or you will totally hate kh3 and square!  Go play wif ur Wii :P

I can't wait till that day......WOOT WOOT!!!!

@finalsquall & W29,

Considering the accusations towards Soriku of trolling, why are you two trolling him with your latest posts? Off topic and inflammatory posts are most certainly trolling, at least soriku was on topic. If you have a problem with Soriku's posts please just report him, teasing and mocking him isn't going to help the situation.

@Topic,

I'm glad to see him mention they are willing to bring BC back, but I hope he understands that full BC is what is needed, I would hate to see them only put partial BC back into a model because I probably won't be buying that.

But anyways, the most important aspect of this for me is that they are acknowledging the situation. I personally think they have been aware of it from the time they decided to discontinue the 60GB and the whole thing was a ploy to move units but I am pretty sure this is the first time we have had outward assurances that they are watching the situation and considering a return of BC.

To Each Man, Responsibility