By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Mass Effect 2 Will Come To PS3, EA Just Can’t Talk About It Yet

Unless MS have a cast iron contact EA have to honour this will surely hit PS3 at some point so long as EA believes it will sell more than the cost.

EA is multi-platform. They have no interest I can see in having titles not making money on another platform.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Unless MS have a cast iron contact EA have to honour this will surely hit PS3 at some point so long as EA believes it will sell more than the cost.

EA is multi-platform. They have no interest I can see in having titles not making money on another platform.

Unless they're using this scenario to leverage money from Microsoft which would then mean zero risk taking on how much the game would cost to port vs sales.

I don't mind since I finaly have laptop that can run it easily.
I think same goes for some Ps3 users.

Take my love, take my land..

CGI-Quality said:
Kennyheart said:
Solid_Raiden said:
I agree but only because EA owns them now and that's what EA does.

It just makes finacial sense.

Unless Mass Effect 2 doesn't bring in profit, which is unlikely, I don't think they'll be financially in any trouble.

EA is deep in the red. Financially they are in big trouble. They need all the sales they can get.

Their only problem is biowares agreement with microsoft.

And you shouldn't wish for the game not being more multiplat than it is simply because you need to justify having multiple consoles. Atleast that's my opinion. The fact that you want to differentiate them is fine, but this is a third party title and what you say is the same as saying that you wish anyone who only has a ps3 won't be able to play this game.

This is one of those cases where the quality wouldn't be affected by it going to more machines.. as it is already multiplat (again pc)

Regardless. I'll get it for my pc sometime like I have the first.

Check out my game about moles ^

Spedfrom said:
I wouldn't mind at all if every game was multiplatform except for the exclusives made by each hardware maker's own developers. They would have to really up the quality of their releases to compete with everyone else on their systems. Sony and Nintendo already have excellent first party efforts, but Microsoft would have to invest much more on that end.

I'm currently playing the first Mass Effect on my PC and will gladly wait for the second one on my PS3.

If you're playing ME1 on the PC then why would you bother waiting for a possible PS3 port? If you get ME2 on the PC, you can import your current character and continue playing from there with all of the decisions, etc. that you made in ME1 still there when you play ME2. Even if a PS3 version comes out then you won't be able to continue your character.

I have the 360 version of ME1 and I bought the 360 version of ME2, so I could continue with my same character (once I start playing the game) otherwise I probably would've bought the PC version.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

ME + ME2 Collection on one Blu - Ray Disc ?

I really hope so.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

If it comes out six months after the 360 version, I dont think it matters.

I haven't seen any proof of that though.

It's weird though, as EA is normally a strictly multiplatform developer. Seems like many publishers bend the rules because they like 360 better, same reason it seems many Japanese devs still give the 360 exclusives despite it's Japan sales not justifying it at all.

Microsoft's strategy seems to be to own less developers and contract out more. Keep that in mind. If it wasn't for Splinter Cell Conviction and Mass Effect 2, MS spring exclusives would be looking weak. So I suspect you cant really look at these normally, these are more like Microsoft exclusives not developed by Microsoft, and therefore they cannot go multiplatform. If that's the case Microsoft is probably paying for a lot of marketing for these titles in exchange for exclusivity. I noticed ME2 commercials on the NFL championship games, very expensive ads there.

Hmm BioWare has something upcoming for PS3 which is unannounced yet so it might be coming after all... And I guess Geoff wouldnt risk his credibility by just saying so anyways.

Life is short... It is all about priorities!

I am a Freerider 4 life, no matter if on a surfboard in the sea, a snowboard or ski in the mountains or the combo with a kite in the plains... Adrenaline's my engine and better than any video game can ever be - Check it out! ^.^b

CGI-Quality said:
God I hope not. This keeps the 360 different from the PS3. They don't need the same games.

Why wouldnt you want this game to come out on multiple platforms?!  Why should people who dont own a 360 be at a disadvantage and not allowed to play a great game,it is to every gamers advantage to have larger game libraries. And their are plenty of dfferent games on both systems but that doesnt make the consoles the same, people play and act differently on xbl then people on psn and vice versa.

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

Good news ! Mass Effect trilogy is great ! I hope the 3 games will be playable on a single bluray.