By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Kart Wars 2010

The Kart Wars 2010

Mario Kart Wii (wii) 180 75.31%

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (wii, ps3, 360) 12 5.02%

ModNation Racers (ps3) 47 19.67%

Total:239

With Mario Kart getting some serious compertition this year can it still keep its amazing numbers up?

Cast your votes.... What do you think will sell the most?

Around the Network

Obviously Mario Kart. Just look at sales in the past year.
More new Wii owners should further the stake in the heart.

It's just that simple.

How could anyone vote for anything other than MK:Wii? It's guaranteed to sell millions throughout the year, the other two are... not.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Mario Kart Wii, its unstoppable, only Mario Kart Wii 2 can do better

maybe Diddy Kong Racing 2 (a boy can dream)

you mean sell more this year?

other mk wii already won a few times over :b

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network

Mod Nations won't do much if they can't sort the frame rate out, especially considering the goal of user generated content.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

As long as MKWii keeps it 30% attach rate I can't see how any racer can beat it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Is this a serious question?

Not only Mario Kart will crush these games salewise but theyare no competiton (they are on other consoles)

MKWii can probably do 5m this year (7.5m last year, and I would expect a modest decline).

I don't expect Modnation Racers to sell a lot, but it could match LBP type sales if it gets good discounts and GOTY edition like LBP did. The game just doesn't really match the fanbase that the PS3 built. As a note, the top 2 racers sold ~3.5m units (GT5:P is missing digital copies, Motorstorm was bundled a lot) and the next closest is at ~1.8m

Sega Racing could do 5m across every platform, but I think it would have to be bundled on X360 like Sega Tennis was.

So I think the most likely outcome will be - MKWii > Sega Racing (all platforms) > Modnation Racers

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!....ooops I mean Mario Kart Wii:p

Gaming make me feel GOOD!