By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft needs to do something FAST!!

KeptoKnight said:
lol lawl at "360 is doing just fine" Ratio wise Ps3 is on top.

If 360 and ps3 were released at the sametime Ps3 is technically on top.

And Natal wont do much..that is my opinion of course. It will be hilarious continuing their momentum without their wand. That is when we know in the long run ps3 will win second place.

Sure how about we assume they both lost the same amount of money AND launched at the same time. How do you think a $700 Launch PS3 would have sold?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network

Ms doesn't really need to do anything at this point. They have an install base that allows them to be profitable. They have live that allows them to continue generating revenue even after sales die down. And they have huge line up software for this year.

Of couse they'll drop the price this fall to generate buzz for natal but really they don't even need to do that. Ms has done an incredible job this generation of controlling the market.

KeptoKnight said:

i decided to comeback because i felt like it. If you dont like it then you leave.

Another fact: Ps3 exclusives are more attractive than Xbox 360

I agree, PS3 exclusives are nicer to look at than a 360 system that just stands there.

"Sure how about we assume they both lost the same amount of money AND launched at the same time. How do you think a $700 Launch PS3 would have sold? "

now you are the only guy that said something worth thinking about. you got me there. lol

KeptoKnight said:

i decided to comeback because i felt like it. If you dont like it then you leave.

Ah, so this is one of the ps3 trolls on the 360 board I heard about, you fail hard.

"Another fact" seriously?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I don't think MS cares if they are in third place WW. They still have second place in the US and that's where a majority of the 360 supporters are (from customers to developers). With that said I wouldn't count out MS till Natal launchs in the Fall.

It's just that simple.

Microsoft has a better line up this year. I also hope Natal does well. I really like the concept. I want Splinter cell and halo reach!!!!

PearlJam said:
KeptoKnight said:

I agree, PS3 exclusives are nicer to look at than a 360 system that just stands there.

there both about the same in my humble opinion!!!!

PearlJam said:
KeptoKnight said:

I like their cover art more.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

LordMatrix said:

I guess you all are right I just don't understand what their hold up is. I mean If I was Microsoft I would be announcing something to try and turn the tide. Whether it be a price drop, Natal games, promotions etc.

You got ants in your pants?? Hehe, I think this is case of "keeping the powder dry". It's ok to have 'slumps' within a brand, as long as you ramp it up for the important moments.

Microsoft - love them or hate them - have an annoying 'stickability' when it comes to something they care about and consoles are clearly something they care about!

-------------------------------------------------------

NB: Quality or Hype - that makes for long term gaming enjoyment.