By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps3 Most exclusives for 2010

Mazty said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The reason Microsoft has a lot of PC games and Sony doesn't is because Microsoft used to publish PC games before they entered the gaming realm and a lot of PC companies trust Microsoft. Bioware and ubisoft are a couple of those companies whom are really close to Microsoft. Even though Bioware is with EA you know who they are still loyal to. Sony never used to publish games for PC....they just buy companies to make games for them.

Point being if it wasn't profitable, PC games wouldn't be made by MS for both platforms. And as most people have a PC, that is going to effect what console they purchase, if any. If they can play certain titles on their PC and do not require a console to play those games, that will effect their purchasing choice - I know it did with me.

Ditto. When I got my gaming laptop I sold my 360 right away, not much point keeping it. Especially when I can acquire most of the 360s exclusive titles for... well, next to nothing in many cases, and have them running better than a 360 is capable, whereas that isn't a possibility with a PS3. No Uncharted on PC, no Killzone, no Heavy Rain, MAG... yet lately were seeing 360 'exclusives' which are actually canceled on that platform and being released as PC only (MAG and Huxely). 

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure Red Dead Redemption is multiplatform, and that Star Ocean is on the 360 while White Knight Chronicles has already been released in Japan a while back. Oh yeah, you forgot Alan Wake. This thread was built on fails, terrible first post.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Mazty said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The reason Microsoft has a lot of PC games and Sony doesn't is because Microsoft used to publish PC games before they entered the gaming realm and a lot of PC companies trust Microsoft. Bioware and ubisoft are a couple of those companies whom are really close to Microsoft. Even though Bioware is with EA you know who they are still loyal to. Sony never used to publish games for PC....they just buy companies to make games for them.

Point being if it wasn't profitable, PC games wouldn't be made by MS for both platforms. And as most people have a PC, that is going to effect what console they purchase, if any. If they can play certain titles on their PC and do not require a console to play those games, that will effect their purchasing choice - I know it did with me.

If Microsoft cared to purchase Bioware and other third party most of the games would be true exclusive instead of PC/360 exclusive. The PC and 360 experiences are quite different because of the PC/console difference. Yes, it is Microsoft's fault that PC gaming has been thrusted into the console realm, but consoles are taking a massive leap graphically every gen and are getting more powerful. Microsoft knows companies and they are willing the employ everything that might help them against Sony. As a console title most of those games are still exclusive in the realm of consoles.....this is undisputed. Just because you can get your hands on the PC version (or steal it) doesn't change that fact of exclusivity within the console realm. There are people who cannot afford a high powered PC who wanted to get their hands on 360/PC titles and because of the 360's low price can now afford to have both the PS3 and a 360 or a Wii and a 360 or even all three (which is the smartest decision).

S.T.A.G.E. said:

If Microsoft cared to purchase Bioware and other third party most of the games would be true exclusive instead of PC/360 exclusive. The PC and 360 experiences are quite different because of the PC/console difference. Yes, it is Microsoft's fault that PC gaming has been thrusted into the console realm, but consoles are taking a massive leap graphically every gen and are getting more powerful. Microsoft knows companies and they are willing the employ everything that might help them against Sony. As a console title most of those games are still exclusive in the realm of consoles.....this is undisputed. Just because you can get your hands on the PC version (or steal it) doesn't change that fact of exclusivity within the console realm. There are people who cannot afford a high powered PC who wanted to get their hands on 360/PC titles and because of the 360's low price can now afford to have both the PS3 and a 360 or a Wii and a 360 or even all three (which is the smartest decision).

That's just speculation & considering that MS make Windows, to make games just for Windows makes sense, whereas not making PC games doesn't - they'd just loose money.
The idea of "realms of consoles" is pointless considering PC's are now as cheap as £300 & that almost everyone has one and broadband. You don't need a high powered PC to play multiplatform titles - ME2 plays almost at a constant 60FPS at a higher than 720p resolution on an 8800GT, a GPU that's 4 years old. If you want to save cash, people will more readily opt for a PC and a console rather than all three consoles due to a PC being almost a necessity for work nowadays. Therefore, MS exclusive titles are not nearly as influential as a true exclusive title, meaning they shouldn't, and don't, count as a 360 exclusive.

Eyepet was honestly an 09 exclusive even though it only launched in 1 territory.