By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps3 Most exclusives for 2010

Not the greatest first post...

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:

Allan Wake is now a 360 exclusive whereas ME2 and Splinter Cell are also on PC, so not exclusives. One step foward, two back.

Splinter Cell and ME2 are still exclusives. They are what are known as 360/PC exclusives. PC doesn't count in the console race so the other only platforms that matter can't get it. Get the concept now?

No, that's wierd thinking considering you can get a PC that plays those titles for the same price as a PS3 so it is a platform that matters - if it affects sales, it matters. If you don't need a 360 to play the game, it's not an exclusive. Any other thinking is BS and FF14 is then a PS3 exclusive .as well as some other games...which they aren't.
Plus I forgot that mechwarrior is also on PC.

PC is not a platform that matters. If it was 360/PC exclusives wouldn't be called what they are. PC's do not compete with consoles. They are in their own little world. The only systems that it matters not to allow to get their hands on it are the PS3 and the Wii. Microsoft dabbles in PC and publishes for them every once in a while and they have been since before they entered the gaming race. PC and console gaming are not the same realm even though they are both videogames. A PC with a keyboard and a mouse and a high powered PC are a different experience from a console with a controller and your tv in the living room. NPD has also made it abundantly clear that PC no longer affects the console race. For the life of me I don't even know why Bioware even deals with PC anymore. The only publisher that should care about PC is Activision Blizzard. 

If a game is on PC and 360, it is much less likely to sway someone to buy a 260, therefore, the PC matters. And they are not PC/360 exclusives, they are MICROSOFT exclusives, as much as God of War, Killzone etc are Sony exclusives. Sure you aren't the one in your own little world? Stop acting like people don't game on PCs.
A PC with a pad is just like a console with a pad....How about people that use their TVs as monitors? You may of had a point back in the 90's but not today. Oh yeah because PC's don't affect gaming...what little planet are you on? Why are games like DA:O made for PC then downgraded for consoles? If consoles mattered, the PC would be getting a direct port instead of actually better performing versions.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:

Allan Wake is now a 360 exclusive whereas ME2 and Splinter Cell are also on PC, so not exclusives. One step foward, two back.

Splinter Cell and ME2 are still exclusives. They are what are known as 360/PC exclusives. PC doesn't count in the console race so the other only platforms that matter can't get it. Get the concept now?

No, that's wierd thinking considering you can get a PC that plays those titles for the same price as a PS3 so it is a platform that matters - if it affects sales, it matters. If you don't need a 360 to play the game, it's not an exclusive. Any other thinking is BS and FF14 is then a PS3 exclusive .as well as some other games...which they aren't.

PC is not a platform that matters. If it was 360/PC exclusives wouldn't be called what they are. PC's do not compete with consoles. They are in their own little world. The only systems that it matters not to allow to get their hands on it are the PS3 and the Wii. Microsoft dabbles in PC and publishes for them every once in a while and they have been since before they entered the gaming race. PC and console gaming are not the same realm even though they are both videogames. A PC with a keyboard and a mouse and a high powered PC are a different experience from a console with a controller and your tv in the living room. NPD has also made it abundantly clear that PC no longer affects the console race. For the life of me I don't even know why Bioware even deals with PC anymore. The only publisher that should care about PC is Activision Blizzard. 

true story, but I would add valve because of steam. I know that valve is a developer and not a publisher, but anyway :D

It is a completly different experience to play on a PC. I said it before, but this is like LBP is not a PS3 exclusive, because it is available on PSP as well. Two different markets that don't affect each other. It is getting even more stupid when you think about the fact that MS owns the PC market as well...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:

true story, but I would add valve because of steam. I know that valve is a developer and not a publisher, but anyway :D

It is a completly different experience to play on a PC. I said it before, but this is like LBP is not a PS3 exclusive, because it is available on PSP as well. Two different markets that don't affect each other. It is getting even more stupid when you think about the fact that MS owns the PC market as well...

If the markets don't effect each other, then why are the games made for PC and downgraded to the consoles? Plus I got a PC instead of a 360 as I knew the multiplatform titles ran better on PC.
With a pad and considering both consoles now have OS' I can't see why you believe consoles and PC are so different. Remember, you can use a keyboard and mouse on the PS3 and even install Linux on the older models.

Mazty said:
DirtyP2002 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mazty said:

If the markets don't effect each other, then why are the games made for PC and downgraded to the consoles? Plus I got a PC instead of a 360 as I knew the multiplatform titles ran better on PC.
With a pad and considering both consoles now have OS' I can't see why you believe consoles and PC are so different. Remember, you can use a keyboard and mouse on the PS3 and even install Linux on the older models.

The reason Microsoft has a lot of PC games and Sony doesn't is because Microsoft used to publish PC games before they entered the gaming realm and a lot of PC companies trust Microsoft. Bioware and ubisoft are a couple of those companies whom are really close to Microsoft. Even though Bioware is with EA you know who they are still loyal to. Sony never used to publish games for PC....they just buy companies to make games for them.

Around the Network

Its stupid making a list like this before E3 and then populating it with titles which aren't even confirmed ofr release yet or were released last year in different regions/different consoles.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

JWS said:
You missed a few for the wii
Arc Rise Fantasia
Endless Ocean 2
Gladiator A.D
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
I sure there is alot more and i'm assuming your not counting the wii shovelware. If that was the case the wii would dominate with the amount of exclusives it would have. Though it would be alot of shitty exclusives.

and what is happening with a new metroid title? will it be out this year?

I'm not sure about the others, but Sonic and Sega isn't exclusive. 

As for the OP, Red Dead Redemption might be 360 exclusive? what are you on? it's been advertised on the PS store for quite a while, and Rockstar prefer developing games on the PS3, it's multiplatform is what I'm trying to say. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The reason Microsoft has a lot of PC games and Sony doesn't is because Microsoft used to publish PC games before they entered the gaming realm and a lot of PC companies trust Microsoft. Bioware and ubisoft are a couple of those companies whom are really close to Microsoft. Even though Bioware is with EA you know who they are still loyal to. Sony never used to publish games for PC....they just buy companies to make games for them.

Point being if it wasn't profitable, PC games wouldn't be made by MS for both platforms. And as most people have a PC, that is going to effect what console they purchase, if any. If they can play certain titles on their PC and do not require a console to play those games, that will effect their purchasing choice - I know it did with me.

Ping_ii said:
Dead Rising 2, MGS rising and red dead redemption and NFL exclusive? ô.O

no, multiplatforms...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

I didn't know the Getaway is coming out...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">