By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3. Can it sell 2 million?

I would say yes, I'm not sure about Americas but in Europe Nintendo is gonna marketing the game powerfully, with something like WSR (meetings in different locations to try the game and to interview Capcom people).

In japan I think it can reach another 100k (especially with a budget/the best release), in EU I think will sell good, 500-600k LTD...the Americas is were I don't know, it depends if Nintendo markets MH3 there aswell.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

There's some possibility it can be a break out hit. However, I think it's more likely to sell around 500K total in the West, it hasn't yet been shown that Monster Hunter is something that is even wanted by the West.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
There's some possibility it can be a break out hit. However, I think it's more likely to sell around 500K total in the West, it hasn't yet been shown that Monster Hunter is something that is even wanted by the West.

More than 600k of MHFU have been sold in the West. considering it's on a heavily pirated platform (PSP) which also has a smaller userbase than Wii.

Adding Nintendo marketing (atleast in EU) I think that it's impossible for MH3 to sell worse than this.

Buzzi said:
Demotruk said:

More than 600k of MHFU have been sold in the West. considering it's on a heavily pirated platform (PSP) which also has a smaller userbase than Wii.

Adding Nintendo marketing (atleast in EU) I think that it's impossible for MH3 to sell worse than this.

That was a very heavily marketed game for PSP (though, the ads weren't very good in my opinion), but more importantly the PSP versions are the ones with the biggest selling point. It's the portable local multiplayer that made it such a hit in Japan, and the Wii version doesn't have the same sort of local multiplayer.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

^^ But the online is free, and is probably the best online on a Wii game.
There can also be Wii Speak (it's not confirmed)....

And Nintendo is the company who turned big japanese IPs to big Western IPs, like Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Professor Layton...they absolutely have the best kind of marketing (for their userbase in general, not for all obviously :P )

Around the Network
andremop said:
I don't think so.
It'll sell badly in the west, imo.

Why? Do you even think it'll outsell the PSP one's on how they did in the west. (excluding japan)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I think this game should be able to sell more than 500k in the west. Especially since the bundle has been announced, and it is being back up by Nintendo. From the reviews, this game seems to be good, so selling only around 500k in the west would still be a disappointment.
I'm not so sure about europe though.

My prediction is that it will sell over 2 million.

well obviously since its packed with a controller/periphial and on the Wii it is going to sell at least 20+ million.

duh.

but in all honesty i will only buy it if online is free. i really am pumped for this game, but htat is a deal breaker.

I think really the question is "when" not "if" now

I'm fairly certain Capcom will be VERY happy with these sales!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.