By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My girlfriend is buying a PSP Go.

PSP = really only a good buy if you are into gaming. The other stuff is supplemental.
iTouch = You can watch movies (in formats supported by iTunes), Surf EVERY website on Wifi, Download 100,000 apps (including Skype, AIM, etc). Even if she decided she did want to play games, there are some great options.

iTouch does not currently support Flash, though. What websites does she go to that have Flash?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

iTouch ftw. Has touchscreen, can play music, watch youtube, download 100,000+ apps, its practically a PDA. Your GF will enjoy is much better

Agreed with all above me :P

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

itouch hands down!

PSP & PS3's browser are both very erratic, I have problems with PS3's one & VGChartz, it crashes everytime!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

d21lewis said:
bugrimmar said:
i don't understand. people are making claims on both sides of the fence. now lewis is claiming that the pspgo can't even play movies or online videos. does that mean no youtube?

It'll play videos, but you've gotta know how to convert them.  That means download them to your PC and switch the format.  And no.  No youtube at all.  It's like an old cell phone browser. 

And I must correct myself.  The Go does have the ability to "tether" to a cell phone for net access anywhere.  It's just going to be a watered down version of the net.  Hell, half the sites I go to, I have to turn off "Images" or the thing will crash.  How awesome is that?  Not very awesome, I tell ya.  Not very awesome.

It plays more different types of codec than Ipod touch. And yes theres a slot for memory stick. Also site like pspiso.com already have tons and tons of movies to download in the right format. Only argument that stand is the web browser that is not up to par.

darthdevidem01 said:
itouch hands down!

PSP & PS3's browser are both very erratic, I have problems with PS3's one & VGChartz, it crashes everytime!

He said that she want to use it for movies and skype.

Around the Network

Thanks for the PSPiso.com tip!!

d21lewis said:
Thanks for the PSPiso.com tip!!

yw! Theres tons of anime also.

Also, this link should help you with any more of your PSP Go questions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSP_GO

bugrimmar said:

Not to play games at all of course. She was trying to decide between this and an IPod Touch, only for the purposes of downloading/watching movies/music and talking on Skype. Here where we are, the PSP Go is pretty much the same price as the IPod Touch and she's decided to buy the Go because it doesn't restrict any websites (? - according to the guy selling it in the store), and has expandable memory. And she doesn't want to buy the old PSP because it looks ugly.

Anyway I wanna confirm some things. If her real purposes for buying the Go are just those things, is it really a good idea?

Let me know what the difference.  If its really worth buying at all.

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

let her buy her pspgo she'll be in an elite club,

or let her make up her own mind

Above & Beyond