By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My girlfriend is buying a PSP Go.

wholikeswood said:
Can the iPod Touch use Skype?

yes, it can be downloaded.

Around the Network

Ipod touch.. or be the man and give her an iPhone.. cause the Appstore is just amazing.. stuff like Skype, Facebook, Ping!, and iSamJackson.. and the new ones comes with a headset with mic.. and bluetooth is enabled.. only older ipod touches needed to upgrade to 3.0 had to pay for the upgrade in firmware..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Ipod touch 3.5" 480X320 3:2 aspect ratio

PSPgo 3.8" 480×272 16:9 aspect ratio = easy choice for movies

"Not to play games at all of course"

why "of course" ?

In my haste to reply to your OP, I knocked down and old lady and tripped over a table......I hope I'm not too late.

The online on a PSP go is very slow and only works where there's wi-fi. It's a challenge putting movies on the thing too unless you buy them from the PS Store. Also, no online video unless you link up with a PS3 for remote play. It's an awesome gaming system with some great perks (photos, comic books, etc) but if she's not in it for the gaming, she needs to go elsewhere. Also, post pics of her boobies.

Around the Network

i don't understand. people are making claims on both sides of the fence. now lewis is claiming that the pspgo can't even play movies or online videos. does that mean no youtube?

bugrimmar said:
i don't understand. people are making claims on both sides of the fence. now lewis is claiming that the pspgo can't even play movies or online videos. does that mean no youtube?

It'll play videos, but you've gotta know how to convert them.  That means download them to your PC and switch the format.  And no.  No youtube at all.  It's like an old cell phone browser. 

And I must correct myself.  The Go does have the ability to "tether" to a cell phone for net access anywhere.  It's just going to be a watered down version of the net.  Hell, half the sites I go to, I have to turn off "Images" or the thing will crash.  How awesome is that?  Not very awesome, I tell ya.  Not very awesome.

And, I'm not sure but I'm almost positive: The PSP 3000 allows you to swap out Memory Sticks. I think that the Go has built in memory. While the memory is pretty big, it doesn't let you swap it out. That's what I've been told, anyway.

And, the memory restrictions of the PSP are actually placed there by Sony. The console is more than capable of surfing the net but Sony limits the ability. Hacked PSP's (which I don't have) are supposed to be able to go on youtube and such with no problem.

Psp go is too much money get something else instead.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

The PSP's browser (at least my 2000 browser, haven't tried the Go's) is, to put it simply, a piece of shit. I could only read a newspaper and search in Google, I couldn't even check a FAQ in GameFAQs (granted, the WiFi there wasn't very good, but still). I have no idea how the iTouch's browser is, but if you're not getting the Go to play games but to use it mainly as an online device, forget it, I'm sure the iTouch is better