By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My girlfriend is buying a PSP Go.

Icyedge said:
I dont understand what people are saying here. Prolly never tried a PSPgo. Its way better for skype as any bluetooth headset will work. Bluetooth keyboard also, like the mini keyboard from sony. Also it plays more codec than Ipod, and its plug and play on any computer anywhere. It also looks better according to any person I show the PSPgo to. Image quality and screen size is also better which makes it perfect for watching movies. I would only purchase the Ipod over the PSPgo for music only.

So the iPod restricts which bluetooth will work with it? Also, no one explained to me what websites are restricted on the iPod/Phone. Help please!

Around the Network

This is why you don't trust sales people. Always verify from independent sources.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

CommonMan said:
Icyedge said:
I dont understand what people are saying here. Prolly never tried a PSPgo. Its way better for skype as any bluetooth headset will work. Bluetooth keyboard also, like the mini keyboard from sony. Also it plays more codec than Ipod, and its plug and play on any computer anywhere. It also looks better according to any person I show the PSPgo to. Image quality and screen size is also better which makes it perfect for watching movies. I would only purchase the Ipod over the PSPgo for music only.

So the iPod restricts which bluetooth will work with it? Also, no one explained to me what websites are restricted on the iPod/Phone. Help please!

You need to pay an upgrade fee of 10$ to get bluetooth working on an ipod touch. And its a known problem that it dont support all hardware. I guess they are working to fix that in their next OS tho.

Icyedge said:
CommonMan said:
Icyedge said:

You need to pay an upgrade fee of 10$ to get bluetooth working on an ipod touch. And its a known problem that it dont support all hardware. I guess they are working to fix that in their next OS tho.

Do you know if this applies to the iPhone as well? I've been meaning to find my bluetooth headset (for smack talking in Uncharted 2 ) and would like to be able to use it.

so wait.. lemme make some things clear.

she doesn't want to download from the istore, and actually she has most of her music files already on her PC.

she also doesn't want to download the movie from the device itself. she will download on her PC, then transfer to the portable.

she will visit primarily websites that use adobe flash.

so.. based on these things, which should she buy?

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
so wait.. lemme make some things clear.

she doesn't want to download from the istore, and actually she has most of her music files already on her PC.

she also doesn't want to download the movie from the device itself. she will download on her PC, then transfer to the portable.

she will visit primarily websites that use adobe flash.

so.. based on these things, which should she buy?

I'd still go with the Touch, the interface is going to be that much better (on the go, that is, if you're at home you could use a bluetooh keyboard on the PSPGo) have you typed on a PSP before? God fricking awful! Also, a while ago Jobs said they're working on Flash for the iPod/phone so that should be okay.

bugrimmar said:

Not to play games at all of course. She was trying to decide between this and an IPod Touch, only for the purposes of downloading/watching movies/music and talking on Skype. Here where we are, the PSP Go is pretty much the same price as the IPod Touch and she's decided to buy the Go because it doesn't restrict any websites (? - according to the guy selling it in the store), and has expandable memory. And she doesn't want to buy the old PSP because it looks ugly.

Anyway I wanna confirm some things. If her real purposes for buying the Go are just those things, is it really a good idea?

He did say movies and talk on skype, I cant see how the small ipod screen and limited bluetooth would be any better. The PSPgo hating should stop.

Can the iPod Touch use Skype?

Have you looked into anything else? For web browsing a touch screen is very important IMO.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

CommonMan said:
Icyedge said:
CommonMan said:
Icyedge said:

Do you know if this applies to the iPhone as well? I've been meaning to find my bluetooth headset (for smack talking in Uncharted 2 ) and would like to be able to use it.

Im not sure, I guess that it works by default since its a cell phone.