By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - so my PS3 got YLOD again...

...and now I can say I truely understand why people stick with the 360.

This is the third time I've a PS3 break (first got YLOD, second's disc drive went, now YLOD again). They were all 60GB launch models so when I called Sony and they offered me a PS3 Slim 120GB for practically nothing if I send them the busted 60GB, I went for it since I like never play my PS2 games anyway and I could just hook the old sucker back up if I get the urge (I'm using HDMI for the PS3 anyway).

Anyways, I now greatly sympathize and understand how 360 owners keep goin back. It would be a pain in the ass to have to get rid of all my old games and get back all my online crap and stats from the multiplat games. here's hoping this one will last...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

I think you should call guiness book of records cause i'm 99% you're the only person on the planet who hase 3 PS3's break down in a row. I honestly don't get how people can have so many mailfunctions, what are doing with those things putting them in a microwave?? I spoke to this guy the other day who was at his FIFTH 360!!??

Seriously do have it on 24/7 or completely blocked of air or something?

wow man thats terrible luck

/pats ps3

60gb model from launch, still running strong.

Ylod is not as common as people say. Yes it happened to earlier models but not as often. U must not have taken care of it

Around the Network

Danm dude, do you play it like 12 hours straight all the time or something. After my PS3 died once I made a rule to give it a break if I played more than 4 hours straight. Otherwise u got shit for bad luck.

3?

Wow... That's some shitty luck.

I still have my launch model. Had it since launch day too.

When it breaks, my heart will break.

I like how everyone just assumes it is his fault.

i got my 30gb launch

i guarantee your slim won't break down on you.

and Im pretty sure no1 has switched from ps3 to 360 because of too many failures rofl....

morpheusx said:
I like how everyone just assumes it is his fault.

That's because it's a PS3 and everybody knows PS3's don't break unless YOU break them.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"