By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Soccer Growth in America Poll - How long until it becomes the #01 Sport?

Soccer Growth in America Poll - How long until it becomes the #01 Sport?

During the years 2014-2021 3 8.11%

During the years 2022-2029 6 16.22%

During the years 2030-2037 2 5.41%

During the years 2038-2045 2 5.41%

During the years 2052-2059 20 54.05%

Even earlier! 4 10.81%

Total:37
Kasz216 said:
kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
The world says that Association Football is the superior game... the greatest sport of all time.

Thats all that matters.

I couldnt give a toss if the US embrace it or not. We dont need them to.

Yes, because popularity equals quality, right?

I hope to use that against you in the future.

No popularity doers not ALWAYS equal quality and I dont think I said that.  I'm surprised you favour generalising in such a way...

High popularity doesnt always equal quality, but it sometimes does, there are plenty of examples in music and the movies..... even gaming. 

In this case it def has some merit... one or two countries that embraced American Football versus the rest of the globe.  Not an overnight decision but a trend formed over the last 100 or so years.

Clearly it has nothing to do with the assosiation game being around... hundreds and hundreds of years longer.

Or the fact that a lot more people can play it as children because it doesn't take expensive equipment.

Soccer got so popular because it's so CHEAP.

All you need is a Soccerball... and you can play soccer... with as little as two people.   A soccer ball and them some objects to play the net.

It's also why Basketball is the fastest growing sport in the world... once you set up a hoop in your area... all you need is a ball.

I thought it was Mixed Martial Arts, or something. How exactly are these things measured anyways?

Around the Network

In America, soccer won't even approach the immense popularity of NFL and NCAA football in our lifetimes. American football, by virtue of the fact that it is a purely American sport and solely played in America, trumps everything else in popularity. No other sporting event even comes CLOSE to the magnitude of the Super Bowl in America... not the World Series, not the NBA Championship, not the Stanley Cup Finals... nothing.

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?

as a sport, Soccer is the most popular sport in the world [pfft.. why!?]. As a game, however, i do not think it will ever be #1, Hockey/(American) Football will always be well ahead.

Proud Supporter of The PlayStation Family.

Chairman-Mao said:
letsdance said:
highwaystar101 said:
I guess it would almost certainly never be the number one sport in the USA... America, yeah... But not the USA specifically.

America as in S. America + N. America? Sure.

America as in Mexico, USA, Canada? Never.

This.

In 1st world America (Canada + USA) soccer will never be top sport. I could see it passing hockey in popularity because the USA doesn't care about hockey but it will never pass Football, Basketball or Baseball.

I truly hope it passes baseball.  Baseball has to be one of the most boring sports I've ever known, beaten only by cricket.

Lol baseball is a million times better than soccer.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Lol baseball is a million times better than soccer.

since you dont even know how a simple rule as offside works I wouldnt put much stock in your opinion

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I love going to baseball games. The Korean Baseball league lets you bring in your own beer, in stadium beer is normal prices and you can buy bags of squid. But come on. The game itself is barely even a sport. You go to have fun outside for a while. But watching it on television? I can't imagine for the life of me why people would want to do that.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I didn't vote since the answer isn't up there.

The answer is never. Americans prefer American sports.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It will be the #1 sport in the USA the same year Nascar isn't about turning left and watched by hicks the NBA LA clippers win the NBA championship and Osama bin laden is the president.

Mexicans prefer football. And in thye next 50 years people of Mexican origin will be the majority in America. So therefore, it will be the most popular sport.