By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Soccer Growth in America Poll - How long until it becomes the #01 Sport?

Soccer Growth in America Poll - How long until it becomes the #01 Sport?

During the years 2014-2021 3 8.11%

During the years 2022-2029 6 16.22%

During the years 2030-2037 2 5.41%

During the years 2038-2045 2 5.41%

During the years 2052-2059 20 54.05%

Even earlier! 4 10.81%

Total:37

NFL will always be number one in America. It's just more exciteing than any other sport. A soccer game last what 3hrs and someone might score 1 are 2 goals.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
NFL will always be number one in America. It's just more exciteing than any other sport. A soccer game last what 3hrs and someone might score 1 are 2 goals.

I think you should abstain from commenting given that you don't even know any of the rules....

oldschoolfool said:

2x45 min. nonstop action.

It's intense!

zexen_lowe said:
oldschoolfool said:

I think you should abstain from commenting given that you don't even know any of the rules....

I'm justing giving you an American perspective. Nobody and I mean nobody I know watches soccer. Soccer is probably the least popular sport in America. Football is bye far the most popular sport in America bar none and that is a fact not an opinion!!!!

oldschoolfool said:

Eh, like I said.

Watch what happens when this concussion research matures.

No self respecting parent is going to greatly increase their childs chances of dementia by letting them play youth and highschool football anymore.

That will dry up the college talent, and the NFL talent, and really just lower the sport in general in the eyes of the public, since there will be less personal connection and less.

It will end up like boxing.

Around the Network

If you consider one team turning the ball over and the other tea booting it down the feild for a up for grabs ball that the other team might get and just boot back action... then yes... its action packed. This is coming from someone who played soccer through his childhood. I find it funny how big the goal is and only 1 player can use their hands yet no one can score. Im not saying that a a game needs to be high scoring to be fun to watch. My favorite games to watch are usually during a pitchers duel. But come one... even in pitchers duels there is always close calls with stuff like walking players and need to get out of a jam. men on first and third no outs. almost home runs. spectacular defensive plays... hardly any in soccer. "oh let me try to do a spin move to try and shake this defender" ...okay either it worked and now someone else just stepped up to defend or it didnt and the balls on the other end of the field. there are hardly any close calls because the offense can barely make it to the box to get a good shot off so the boot it from a distance and it sails over the goal... up goal kick now the ball is at the other end.

Kasz216 said:
oldschoolfool said:

Eh, like I said.

Watch what happens when this concussion research matures.

No self respecting parent is going to greatly increase their childs chances of dementia by letting them play youth and highschool football anymore.

That will dry up the college talent, and the NFL talent, and really just lower the sport in general in the eyes of the public, since there will be less personal connection and less.

It will end up like boxing.

that's not true at all. I'm telling you America is crazy over football. Even highschool football gets coverage on T.V. to a certain extent!!! I'm telling you American football is very popular.

Seriously Kasz? Dude... you wouldn't think parents would be like that but they are. Its crazy I know but some dads force their kids to play.

letsdance said:

If you consider one team turning the ball over and the other tea booting it down the feild for a up for grabs ball that the other team might get and just boot back action... then yes... its action packed. This is coming from someone who played soccer through his childhood. I find it funny how big the goal is and only 1 player can use their hands yet no one can score. Im not saying that a a game needs to be high scoring to be fun to watch. My favorite games to watch are usually during a pitchers duel. But come one... even in pitchers duels there is always close calls with stuff like walking players and need to get out of a jam. men on first and third no outs. almost home runs. spectacular defensive plays... hardly any in soccer. "oh let me try to do a spin move to try and shake this defender" ...okay either it worked and now someone else just stepped up to defend or it didnt and the balls on the other end of the field. there are hardly any close calls because the offense can barely make it to the box to get a good shot off so the boot it from a distance and it sails over the goal... up goal kick now the ball is at the other end.

Offside Rule

Back in the 1800s there were to many goals scored. People were "loitering" by the posts. That is why the offside rule was implemented. Football (soccer) is a highly tactical game. It's all about formations and strategy (in addition to each player's creative outbursts).

letsdance said:
Seriously Kasz? Dude... you wouldn't think parents would be like that but they are. Its crazy I know but some dads force their kids to play.

The actual science isn't as fleshed out yet.  Wait until it is... it'll really change things.