By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima: Peace Walker would have been called MGS5 if it weren't on PSP.

In an interview in this month’s Official Playstation Magazine, Hideo Kojima reiterated his dedication to the Metal Gear Solid franchise and re-emphasized just how important the upcoming PSP only Peace Walker is to the greater MGS legacy. In fact, according to Kojima, Peace Walker would have been called ‘Metal Gear Solid 5’ if it wasn’t developed for PSP. He was asked the following;

OPM: You’ve described Peace Walker as “the MGS5 inside me”. What does that mean, and what does that make MGS Rising?

To which Hideo replied,

HK: Since it is on PSP, I did not officially number it. But the game design, story, number of staff and budget-you can say that this is a big project. It would’ve been number 5. It’s not a side story or a spin-off. It’s not like Portable Ops or Acid. I am deeply involved and this is the next Metal Gear.

So there you have it. Peace Walker is the next Metal Gear. Let there be no doubts. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is out in Europe on May 27th for PSP.

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/01/22/kojima-peace-walker-would-have-been-called-mgs5-if-it-werent-on-psp/

Around the Network

So will we have a mgs5 in the future or will it be mgs6?

markers said:

I guess so he's a werid guy

Also, I would play it then too.

Kennyheart said:
markers said:

I guess so he's a werid guy

lol he is. Oh well I am sure both peace walker and that other one will be good games regardless if they are actual spin-offs or the next game in the series.

Around the Network

People are still asking him about this?

4 ≈ One

Why not call it Metal Gear Solid 5 if that's the case? Square Enix had no problems with Dragon Quest 9 on DS so the fact that a game is being released on a handheld is just an excuse.

Are you threatening me with a port, Kojima?

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

they should release it on the ps3

It would be awesome to have a PS3 Version.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku