By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima: Peace Walker would have been called MGS5 if it weren't on PSP.

Falcon095 said:
d21lewis said:
Should've called it MGS versus 5. Either way, he's losing a lot of customers (but not me!) by releasing it on the PSP only.

Well.. Maybe he's losing sales but more people will play it

More people will pirate it.  PSP games don't exactly sell like gangbusters, you know.

Around the Network

I would say exactly the same as Kojima if i wanted the game to sell . . . .

At the same time, it's like they're treating Raiden's game like a bastard child with cancer.

So basically he lied again about the main line MGS games being over.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I think it's obvious, numbered Metal Gears are on the home consoles.

Also people trashing Kojima, what's your problem? He is the most gifted developer of his generation, allways pushing technology and new ideas, I have yet to play a single game in which he was involved that wouldn't become my instant fav.

I bought PSP Go month ago for the sole reason to play this new Metal Gear. When he said it's worthy the number 5, not a spin off and it continues the story, it's a fact so live with it. He can call it Bandana Dude 327 and it will still be a MGS number 5.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

I they would have actually called it MGS 5, the sales would be much higher. Everyone will see this game as a spin off.

And may 27th? I thought the game was being released in march?

Zuhyc said:
I they would have actually called it MGS 5, the sales would be much higher. Everyone will see this game as a spin off.

And may 27th? I thought the game was being released in march?

This is very true and if Konami and Kojima really wanted to sell out they would do this.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

He should name it Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker. Many people will think this is just spin off and afffect its sales. He choose PSP because it is easier and cheaper. Exactly it would not sold as much as MGS4 but profit is still same (because lower production cost). If he make it for PS3 we might have to wait until 2011 or longer to play it. As long it is great i dont mind where platform it go. Piracy is biggest problem but im sure MGS:PW will sell at least 1.5 million and 2.0 millin at most.

Rinsing crappy spin-off confirmed ?

Time to Work !

I think I read somewhere that he's doing on the PSP because of the demographic in Japan. He wants to get more people into the franchise and among young people, that was the way to go. I'd have just ported MGS 1-3.