By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time for people to eat some crow regarding MAG?

I dont think I've ever said anything negative about MAG, so I'm not looking for a plate of crow.

However I do have some reservations, as the logistics seem...unwieldy to me.

For example, how would clan matches work? Seems unlikely that any clan would have 128 participating members all at the same time.

Hell, I've had 3 other players on my team in Gears matches and just one random can screw up the best strategies...how can you control what hundreds of others are doing?

That being said, I missed the beta, or I would've found out for myself. Hopefully there will be a demo I can try out, eventually.

Around the Network

I'm just curious, MAG may have up to 256 players in a map, that's nothing new on consoles really (hello FFXI), but does a player every actually see 255 other players?

WiiStation360 said:
I remember many people saying: "Massive Action Game is a stupid name, there is NO WAY it launches with that title." Time for some crow.

HA ! Yeah I remember that

kowenicki said:
twesterm said:
I'm just curious, MAG may have up to 256 players in a map, that's nothing new on consoles really (hello FFXI), but does a player every actually see 255 other players?

no. its not quite like that

What is it then?  I'm not trying to point out flaws, I just don't know a lot about the game because it's a game I don't really follow since I don't like multiplayer games in general.

From what I understand, it's just a series of 32v32 conflicts with someone directing the overall group?

@WiiStation60

I was one of the people that said MAG was a horrible name and I still think it is.  :-p

WiiStation360 said:
I remember many people saying: "Massive Action Game is a stupid name, there is NO WAY it launches with that title." Time for some crow.

I thought MAG was a stupid name...I still think MAG is a stupid name..why am I eating crow?

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

I recall posts, back at E3, that there was NO WAY, that MAG did 256 people at the same time on the battlefield.  My understanding is that it does.  So, if this is true, is it time some people eat crow regarding what they said about MAG?

Does MAG do 256 people on the same battlefield? From what I've gathered from beta players, you only see a certain amount of people at one time. If everyone at the start decided to just meet in the middle of the map, would that be possible?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Richard you are right. I do recollect what you are talking about.

But since it's your thread you might need to produce some evidence or some will think you are talking from your backdoor. Good luck.

I remember those comments. Posters were saying it would not be possible without the game being a laggy mess. Or that Zipper would have to scale back the numbers before release.

I guess we'll have to wait and see when the game properly launches if they were incorrect. (In the case of the lag at least.)

Onyxmeth said:
richardhutnik said:

I recall posts, back at E3, that there was NO WAY, that MAG did 256 people at the same time on the battlefield.  My understanding is that it does.  So, if this is true, is it time some people eat crow regarding what they said about MAG?

Does MAG do 256 people on the same battlefield? From what I've gathered from beta players, you only see a certain amount of people at one time. If everyone at the start decided to just meet in the middle of the map, would that be possible?

Slimebeast said in this thread, that no one questioned 256 people on the same battlefield.  It does look like you have questions regarding this still.  I know people have doubted it.  I am also not sure, but thought that is what it meant when it was first announced.

I know a place like Second Life has sims (play areas) that cap off how many people can be in each. 

Onyxmeth said:
richardhutnik said:

That's what I was wondering.  Even if they're all on the same map, the PS2 had FFXI which I've seen 1000+ people in the same map so that's not a huge accomplishment.

What would be impressive is if you're ever in the situation where you see all the other players.

What would happen if all the players decided to have a lay down of arms and just meet in the middle?