By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Recent Video Games are Incredible!!!

darconi said:
You know, those are great games and all but is it just me or does the 360 games seem somewhat similar?

I don't want to pull out the whole its all shooters line but they do all share very common themes...

Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and Mass Effect are pretty different kinds of games.

Around the Network

It's insane to be a gamer this year. There are just so many games I want but unfortunately I just can't have them all. ;_;

Also in these days it's a lot easier to get good reviews especially if you are a stereotypical shooter of some kinda. For some odd reason reviewers love to crack down on all other genres that are repetive, like the RPG and Platformer genre. But when it comes down to shooters or FPS, reviewers don't care if they continue to see the exact same thing over and over again. They'll still not care and rate it well. I mean seriously reading reviews of how Zelda: TP is too overly similar to to OOT and then readin those same reviewers state how wonderful either Halo 3 was for its originality or Bioshock and whatnot actually being original just cause its a new IP.

Seriously its hypocritical and I still don't understand why. Nor why people still buy those FPS continuously. It's the same thing you played in that other game it's just it has a new name this time around.

Well there's my rant for the day.

Hey t westerm that ps3 for free story is very motivating

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

"Recent Video Games are Incredible!!!"

Indeed.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Also in these days it's a lot easier to get good reviews especially if you are a stereotypical shooter of some kinda. For some odd reason reviewers love to crack down on all other genres that are repetive, like the RPG and Platformer genre. But when it comes down to shooters or FPS, reviewers don't care if they continue to see the exact same thing over and over again. They'll still not care and rate it well.

A FPS or shooter is like any other genre, if it's crap it'll get the scores to show it.

Game Rankings scores: 

Medal of Honor Airborne - 75.2%
Call of Juarez - 72.3%
F.E.A.R. Files - 71.0%
Timeshift - 70.5%
Clive Barker's Jericho - 66.5%

Lost tears of Kain said:
Fantastic year for gaming
If 360 can keep up reputation of having some of the best video games ever made, it will be a idel console to have for next gen.
Same with mario gettings its name back and staying at number 2 best game of all time!

What do you mean, "Getting his name back?" Unlike Sonic, Crash, Spyro, and others, Mario is one of the "only" characters who has never been in a bad video game (excluding spin off titles). He never lost his reputation. Super Mario Sunshine is not a fall back. 91.6% in Game Rankings is outstanding! There are only three 3D platformers, in Game Rankings, that got a higher percentage, and personally, perhaps only one of those games, Super Mario 64, is truly better. And what about New Super Mario Bros? It became an instant classic! Mario was always good. Don't confuse him with Fox McCloud, or even Donkey Kong, because Mario was always a star!

Honestly mostly all those reviews = garbage fanboyism or complete retardation.

I only trust IGN's reviews anymore. Every other site has proven they are unprofessional.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@ssj12

I tend to agree. At the very least, I weigh an IGN review above every other.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

a.l.e.x59 said:
cool48 said:
90% doesn't feel like much anymore... heck 100% doesn't feel like much anymore.

There isn't a single game with 100% in Gamer Rankings... Unless you mean single reviews, which means nothing, especially since a single review is just one opinion anyways.

But you have some 'tarded reviews out there that manage to get counted one way or another, such as a classic Chrono Cross review from someone who obviously didn't play 60 minutes in to the game....  I swear the next person that claims Cross has nothing to do with Trigger and in spite rates the game another 1/10 I'm going to.. do nothing, and think absolutely nothing of online review 'rankings' based on overall concensus.

Especially when so many reviews can be so completely way off. (the above mentioned is just one real example that blows me away)

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.