By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First No More Heroes 2 Review: 8.8 from IGN

From reading over all the previews and re-reading the review, it seems SUDA really listened to the fans NMH garnered and set about to fix the problems of the first game as well as his team possibly could, given the time frame.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Siko1989 said:
Cheebee said:
I do hope they kept the blood in the PAL release... way back they said Europe would get 2 versions, one normal & one censored, but somehow I get the feeling we're gonna get shafted and they'll totally censor the game again...

i seriously hope this game releases in Europe, i wanna play it, i ask EB Games and GAME and they havnt got it listed yet... this guy at GAME said that sometimes it takes 6 month for a game to release in Australia or Europe, i serously hope not or i will send an email to Rising Star games for requirys on that game

Well, I wouldn't worry about that too much. I'm pretty confident it'll get a PAL release, especially considering it's a pretty big-name game. Besides, we got the original NMH here in Europe, so why not this?

As long as they don't censor it like they did with the original, I'm happy.

I have a feeling that the reason there is currently no release date (or even window) for Europe is that someone somewhere is battling to keep it the same as the American version.

I have no doubts about it releasing here, it will, but we'll have to wait and see if it's censcored again.

TBH I have absolutely no problems about a lack of blood and such, in fact I liked the exploding into black dust thing from the original... the only bits that were affected were some of the cutscenes for boss deaths. particularly Jeanes death with her hand in Travis' chest, then her arm being cut off. Looked silly in the PAL version.

TWRoO said:
Cheebee said:
Siko1989 said:
Cheebee said:
I do hope they kept the blood in the PAL release... way back they said Europe would get 2 versions, one normal & one censored, but somehow I get the feeling we're gonna get shafted and they'll totally censor the game again...

i seriously hope this game releases in Europe, i wanna play it, i ask EB Games and GAME and they havnt got it listed yet... this guy at GAME said that sometimes it takes 6 month for a game to release in Australia or Europe, i serously hope not or i will send an email to Rising Star games for requirys on that game

Well, I wouldn't worry about that too much. I'm pretty confident it'll get a PAL release, especially considering it's a pretty big-name game. Besides, we got the original NMH here in Europe, so why not this?

As long as they don't censor it like they did with the original, I'm happy.

I have a feeling that the reason there is currently no release date (or even window) for Europe is that someone somewhere is battling to keep it the same as the American version.

I have no doubts about it releasing here, it will, but we'll have to wait and see if it's censcored again.

TBH I have absolutely no problems about a lack of blood and such, in fact I liked the exploding into black dust thing from the original... the only bits that were affected were some of the cutscenes for boss deaths. particularly Jeanes death with her hand in Travis' chest, then her arm being cut off. Looked silly in the PAL version.

That could very well be... I just hope they manage to get it by whoever decides over these things. I wouldn't really mind that much if we'd had the dust stuff again instead of blood, but if I could choose I'd prefer it uncensored. Imo it would be a good idea to just put in an option for blood or not, tons of games have that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

BoneArk said:
WOW, Did Dr. Naomi get breast implants? I don't remember her tits being that big in NMH1.

Damn you could be right... I was concentrating on her legs more in the first one I think though, and she did have a lab coat on, so perhaps we just didn't get such an obvious view.

Samus Aran said:
MontanaHatchet said:
IGN was great when they gave high scores to Madworld and The Conduit. They were the favorite review site of just about every last Nintendo fan. And now they suck for giving some other random games scores lower than what most Nintendo fans would like. I guess having an opinion isn't allowed anymore. Okay, my rant is done. Great score, I look forward to the game.

I feel the same way, The Conduit got a way too high score on IGN though.

The Conduit and Madworld both were overrated big time by IGN. Both good games, but definiatly not an 8.6 or 9 respectivly. Conduit specifically. Wii fans are disappointed not by the low scores of "random" games (of which i dont know, as far as im concerned, Cassmassina and Bozon both give fairly respectable reviews. All the complaining is do to Daemons growing influence...i think. Well thats what i feel, as a Wii fan. The guys a douche.

Oh, and theres a difference between PREJUDICE and OPINION. People need to stop calling every other moron that disses "X" game (or whatever) "someone with an opinion". 

Around the Network

It seems that IGN automatically gives +1 to every game they consider "hardcore" on Wii (or whatever their stereotypes about "hardcore" are).

NMH (7.8) as good as WSR (7.7)? NMH2 (8.8) as good as NSMBW (8.9)? MadWorld (9.0) and TvC (9.0) both better than all these games? I like Suda51 for his quirky art design and twisted view of things, but he's not as good game designer as those who made WSR and NSMBW. I've played NMH for about 3 hours forcing myself and eventually I gave up, never finished the game.

Fool me once, shame on you, Mr.Suda, fool me twice, shame on me.

mai said:

It seems that IGN automatically gives +1 to every game they consider "hardcore" on Wii (or whatever their stereotypes about "hardcore" are).

NMH (7.8) as good as WSR (7.7)? NMH2 (8.8) as good as NSMBW (8.9)? MadWorld (9.0) and TvC (9.0) both better than all these games? I like Suda51 for his quirky art design and twisted view of things, but he's not as good game designer as those who made WSR and NSMBW. I've played NMH for about 3 hours forcing myself and eventually I gave up, never finished the game.

Fool me once, shame on you, Mr.Suda, fool me twice, shame on me.

I agree that Madworld was overrated (most gamer's would accept an 8.4 better) but NMH and TvC are in different genres, so they don't compare to those Ninty titles. NMH has a style of its own similar to how WSR has one of its own as well.

A game's score should be based on its own merits, [and] how it compares to previous similar titles within that genre on that same console.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I don't get what framerate issues they are talking about. I didn't notice any in the first one either.

Snesboy said:
I don't get what framerate issues they are talking about. I didn't notice any in the first one either.

I dont know what IGN is talking about either.

BoneArk said:
Snesboy said:

I dont know what IGN is talking about either.

It's possible they're referring to how inconsistent the frame-rate is between the different sections of No More Heroes. For instance, if you leave Travis' hotel room and enter Santa Destroy, there's a pretty obvious difference in frame rate. Another example would be the ranking battle on Destroy Beach: The path to the actual fight is somewhat choppy, where the actual boss fight is relatively smooth. I didn't mind it too much, myself, but I can see why some people would be bothered.