By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nominees Announced for Spike's 2007 Videogame Awards

Lost tears of Kain said:
/sigh

And if it was full of nintendo games you all would be go crazy with happieness
You understand its peoples opinions, and they are targeting a certain mature audience?

Actually Spike has been trying to attract a younger audience since it changed it's name from TNN. The Video Game Awards are part of that effort. The games in the list are mostly the standard teens and 20 somethings fare which is somewhat dubious to call mature. I say this as a 25 year old male.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
/sigh

You understand its peoples opinions, and they are targeting a certain mature audience?

Yes we do, but that doesn't stop the list being rubbish.

They are obviously aiming for a demographic and not actually caring about the quality of the games, while I agree that both Bioshock and Halo 3 should be sitting on that list so should Super Mario Galaxy as it is undeniably one of the highest quality titles so far this year, as evidenced by the reviews so far.

Oh and opinions can be rubbish, let me prove it to you.

If I listed a set of GotY candidates;

Boogie
Lair
Ninja Bread Man
Balls of Fury 

I would expect to be laughed at, opinion or not.

Horrible list, horrible network, horrible awards show. Need we say more? Why care?

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Rath said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
/sigh

Yes we do, but that doesn't stop the list being rubbish.

They are obviously aiming for a demographic and not actually caring about the quality of the games, while I agree that both Bioshock and Halo 3 should be sitting on that list so should Super Mario Galaxy as it is undeniably one of the highest quality titles so far this year, as evidenced by the reviews so far.

Oh and opinions can be rubbish, let me prove it to you.

If I listed a set of GotY candidates;

Boogie
Lair
Ninja Bread Man
Balls of Fury 

I would expect to be laughed at, opinion or not.

Being rubbish to you, but not to others, the entire point of why thats THEIR LIST.

Opinions can be rubbish......to you its not fact

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

btw my opinion is that alot of the list is crap

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network

Don't start another crying war that opinion=/=fact.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

yea i really dont want to

did any of the other marios get GoTY? if not, i don't see why SMG should

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

Time for people to get over their Mario fetish, and perhaps oh accept the market for what it is. The market is filled with many genres one of the least popular being Platformers. While one of the most popular being First Person Shooters. Mario cannot be considered for game of the year, because it is in a unpopular genre. Further more it runs on the low definition system. With no serious online play options. In plain lingo its handicapped out of contention.

You should probably brace yourself for more such disappointments. Being the best in one of the least popular genres is probably not going to trump. Being fantastic in one of the more popular genres. By the way thats the way it should be. These contests should be a balance between virtue and popularity. Otherwise you get into a situation where a model train game could beat a Mario. Simply because its the best model train game ever built, and has gigabytes of useless data about train schedules.

Suck it up and deal with it. The world does not revolve around an Italian plumber mascot, and it hasn't done so for quite some time. How did I know the first second I read the game of the year dozens of Nintendo fans would throw themselves a tantrum. Are you guys really being honest with yourselves. Seriously you know Mario does not belong on that list. The other games have solid claims. Greater mass market appeal, and they have brought innovation to gaming. Mario is very much the same old game we say over ten years ago. With some improvements and twists but its the same game never the less. Which is fine great game then, and great game now. However its hardly revolutionary, and will never have the impact those games on the list will.

Uncharted.. thats not even out wtf. Spike = Failure anyways. They are as bad as G4. Wait till IGN's GotY.

seriously:

Breakthrough Technology
Crysis
Halo 3
Portal
Rock Band

Only 2 of those belong and they arent Crysis and Halo 3. WiiPlay should be there and Eye of Judgment.  total BS list all around. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453