By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nominees Announced for Spike's 2007 Videogame Awards

This doesn't surprise me at all... Halo 3 will get GOTY.

Around the Network

You forgot a categtory.

Best Platformer Game

Uncharted
Halo 3
Guitar Hero 3
Halo 3

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Onimusha12 said:
We have to remember that the Spike TV awards are going to salute the most testosterone saturated titles as is the appeal of the typical demographic of their viewers.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

This is the same network that aired Stripperella...

That's fucking bullshit for GOTY. Galaxy ain't even on it. And only exclusives it'll put on there are 360 ones. PS3 is represented by multiplatform games but they probably mean the 360 version and Wii isn't even represented. Talk about biased.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
We have to remember that the Spike TV awards are going to salute the most testosterone saturated titles as is the appeal of the typical demographic of their viewers.
That says it all right there.

I love VGChartz. Everybody here is laughing at this list. Over at Joystiq, people are arguing "Yeah, all the GOTY nominees are from the 360 'cuz the 360 has the best games, obviously!" They're actually happy that Spike TV agrees with them. If Spike TV ever agreed with me on anything I'd shoot myself. It's the anti-Rubang.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Alot of sites, reviewers and magazines aren't going to give SMG the award for Game of the Year, but alot also will. It's very rare that there is an across the board consensus of Game of the Year (with exception of Grand Theft Auto III).

The fact of the matter is, there are alot of games this year that appeal more to the Hardcore than Mario ever will. I honestly can't remember a year that there have been more Testosterone driven Male 15-25 demographic games released.

Halo 3
Bioshock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Assassin's Creed
The Orange Box
God of War 2
Mass Effect
Warhawk
Call of the Juarez
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Stranglehold
Crysis
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
World in Conflict
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Bullet Witch
The Darkness

Not that these are bad games, its just hard not to think of gaming in 2007 without visualizing the quintisential gamer as being anything other than an intoxicated red faced fratboy wearing a sweat stained football jersey and screaming at the TV screen while mashing a video game controller in potato chip soiled sweaty hands.

The only thing this year was missing was another DOA Volley Ball Game.

Onimusha12, the games industry is booming too hard and too fast, and evil powers are trying to take control of it and turn it into the shit-fueled summer blockbuster fest that Hollywood has become. This industry will get worse before it gets better, but it will get much better eventually. I can predict the future with my dick in a box backstage at the CMAs mind you.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

This do's seem somewhat biased, how can you not have GOW2on the GOTY list?

Or super mario galaxy for that matter?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M