By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Fail) No Wii For The Kids: Hidden Costs Compel Console Return

badgenome said:

Should have got a PS3.

Can't even play HD out of the box, you have to pay extra for that.

Around the Network

That's pretty stupid.

To each his own, I suppose.

Pixel Art can be fun.

This reminds me of when I worked in the electronics dept. at Wal-Mart. An old guy called in one day and said he wanted to return his broken printer. He said the error message on the screen said "out of ink". He wouldn't believe me that you have to actually buy more ink for printers. I tried an analogy to buying gas for a car, but to no avail. I think he ended up calling HP to complain that their printers run out of ink.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ail said:
Twistedpixel said:
badgenome said:

1. Dad had a panic attack trying to figure out all the extra gizmos he needed beyond the console, such as rechargeable batteries, extra controls, games and attachments.

Should have bought a PS3.

Huh? Are you saying he should just buy a PS3 and only buy movies?

Well he woudn't need to spend money on batteries or wireless...

Eh?  Care to elaborate?

wireless isn't included with 360..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I don't get the part where he complains about the internet and the modem. The Wii is wireless what's his problem? Even if he doesn't have a wireless router, he doesn't need an internet connection to play.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Around the Network

Also LOL cause this guy "realized" the Wii could go online but complained about the router being in another room, like it matters... the Wii has wireless, as long as his router is wireless anyway what does it matter? Really this guy doesn't know anything XD

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I woudn't make fun of the guy as much as is done here though.
It's true that the price of peripherals has exploded and the real cost of a console is a lot higher than the advertised cost ( not including extra games).
Seriously, back when the PS2 was king and few ppls played on the net, the only extra cost was one extra controller...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Aw crap, I thought it came with free games, free controllers, free guitars, and free batteries, and a small wizard who hooks up your internet for you.

This is why the industry is dying. Not enough free games, controllers, guitars, batteries and magical internet fairies.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ail said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ail said:
Twistedpixel said:
badgenome said:

1. Dad had a panic attack trying to figure out all the extra gizmos he needed beyond the console, such as rechargeable batteries, extra controls, games and attachments.

Should have bought a PS3.

Huh? Are you saying he should just buy a PS3 and only buy movies?

Well he woudn't need to spend money on batteries or wireless...

Eh?  Care to elaborate?

wireless isn't included with 360..

What does the 360 have to do with anything mentioned in this thread? Or what you even quoted...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I bought a car once, but when I found out that I'd have to pay for gas, maintenance, car washes, insurance, a drivers licence, washer fluid, a block heater and parking, I returned it. Too many hidden costs.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.