By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Lord Flashheart said:
Ok Jede, Ok.

I agree, nevermind he'll shoot himself in the foot eventually.

The only thing I can say in defence of him is this thread was always going to have inflammatory posts given the title and subject, its impossible to have a positive debate on any of the consoles being successful on this site without the extreme trolls of each fanbase coming in to spoil a debate. 

The 360's line up is sensational for me this year, I don't need to convince anyone else of that opinion.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ok Jede, Ok.

I agree, nevermind he'll shoot himself in the foot eventually.

The only thing I can say in defence of him is this thread was always going to have inflammatory posts given the title and subject, its impossible to have a positive debate on any of the consoles being successful on this site without the extreme trolls of each fanbase coming in to spoil a debate. 

The 360's line up is sensational for me this year, I don't need to convince anyone else of that opinion.

Jede? Again, people have yet to say how correcting people is flamming, where I have gone wrong, and instead are going on about some other person instead. Talk about rediculous digression and avoiding the point of the matter, no? Plus I never have slighted the 360, but just stuck by my claim, which I've given evidence for, that the ME2 isn't going to be the graphical king of the consoles. Great game, yes, best graphics? No.

PS. The PSN and XBL tags are there. Want to carry on about this other guy feel free, but then you're just being mindless.

You gentlemen are all posting in a troll thread, this thread is bad and the thread starter should feel bad.

We saw where the #1 and #2 graphical consoles ended up last gen. Crazy that this is still going on. The reason the 360 will own or the PS3 or the Wii will own 2010 isnt because one console has a couple of exclusives that graphical are a touch better than games on the other consoles.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I don't know about that it will definitely a clash of the consoles...once the dust clears we will see who standing...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

Wrong thread Gamefreak

Mazty said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ok Jede, Ok.

Quit with the name constant name calling; you're like a stoned kid obsessed with tin foil. Someone said ME2 was the best graphics ever seen on a console. I said this wasn't true because:

1i)It's graphics, from high res screenshots, highlight many technical short comings e.g. soft shadows, anti aliasing, low res textures in the surrounding, a reliance on bump mapping etc
    ii) This is backed by the fact the game runs almost perfectly on an old GPU, the 8800GT
2)The 360 simply isn't as powerful as the PS3.  Naughty Dog have said this, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions, Santa Monica Studio, and John Carmack.
3) It would be rare for a non-exclusive title to be the most graphically demanding game on a console due to the optimisation that goes into exclusives. It's cheaper and easier not to optimise.

I never have said the 360 isn't a good console, or that ME2 isn't a good game. You can choose to prefer ME2's graphical direction in comparison to Uncharted 2, but it isn't as technically demanding, which some how people reguard as flamebaiting.

Sorry but please show me where Carmack says PS3 is more powerful? I showed you the quote from him less than 7 months ago where he clearly said PS3 and 360 Cpu are the same in the end, but 360 GPU is a bit more powerful. How is that PS3 is more powerful. As for the other devs. I dont trust them. They will say whatever to sell more PS3's because thats what games they make.

selnor said:
Mazty said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ok Jede, Ok.

Quit with the name constant name calling; you're like a stoned kid obsessed with tin foil. Someone said ME2 was the best graphics ever seen on a console. I said this wasn't true because:

1i)It's graphics, from high res screenshots, highlight many technical short comings e.g. soft shadows, anti aliasing, low res textures in the surrounding, a reliance on bump mapping etc
    ii) This is backed by the fact the game runs almost perfectly on an old GPU, the 8800GT
2)The 360 simply isn't as powerful as the PS3.  Naughty Dog have said this, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions, Santa Monica Studio, and John Carmack.
3) It would be rare for a non-exclusive title to be the most graphically demanding game on a console due to the optimisation that goes into exclusives. It's cheaper and easier not to optimise.

I never have said the 360 isn't a good console, or that ME2 isn't a good game. You can choose to prefer ME2's graphical direction in comparison to Uncharted 2, but it isn't as technically demanding, which some how people reguard as flamebaiting.

Sorry but please show me where Carmack says PS3 is more powerful? I showed you the quote from him less than 7 months ago where he clearly said PS3 and 360 Cpu are the same in the end, but 360 GPU is a bit more powerful. How is that PS3 is more powerful. As for the other devs. I dont trust them. They will say whatever to sell more PS3's because thats what games they make.

So basically you don't trust any dev that supports the PS3 strictly because...they support the PS3? It seems to me that if you don't like something regardless of how factual it is, you reject it as falsehood and that sir is just fanboy logic.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
iHuGi said:
Sorry but Uncharted 2 Story is nothing special ... Mass Effect 2 is miles away in every aspect !

I just said Mass Effect 2 had the better story. It just doesn't tell it as good as Uncharted 2 does which can be attributed to better voice-acting, animation, and telling the story through cutscenes for the most part (Uncharted 2).

Just to say CGI, but from what Ive read from about 30 reviews is the storytelling in Mass Effect 2 is miles ahead of everything else. Also I find it difficult to believe that the VA in Uncharted 2 is better. ME2 is voiced by many proffessionals including : Martin Sheen, Keith David, Seth Green and Carrie-Ann Moss.

These sort of comments are abundant when looking at reviews of Mass Effect 2:

"Mass Effect 2 is an amazing RPG with an unbeatable cinematic feeling and a history and characters simply astonishing. This is a game that demands to be played by every Xbox 360 user because it’s the very definition of what Next-Gen wants to be."

"By making choice, dialogue and characters the key ingredients, Mass Effect 2 delivers an experience in which the player feels directly at the core - more so than any other game we can think of."

"The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition."

These are the first 3 reviews I went to. LOL. In terms of VA, cinematics, Soundtrack and Presentation. ME2 is considered by ALOT of reviews to be the king.

Mass Effect 2 does not beat Uncharted 2 in voice-acting, it just doesn't. I guess it's just me though, but Uncharted 2's voice-acting is second to none.

Maybe if the lead character wasn't voiced by the same guy who voices 50 other main characters in other games a year, yeah, I could believe that.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I think Selnor means he trust what Carmack, a dev who makes games for every platform over those who make it only for one and have probably never touched the 360. Sony devs will say the PS3 is more powerful but can their word be trusted when they are only interested in selling Sony games on the PS3?
I'd even say God exsist if I was being paid to.