By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Selling Three Times as Fast, says Sony CEO

kamil said:
TheBigFatJ
The momentum already slowed. He's quoting the past, and trying to create some hope for Sony investors.

And you wanted him to talk about future sales, right?

TWRoO:
we can still be sure in UK and France PS3 sells awfully slowly.... and those two together make up half the Eu market]

Do you have proof for any of those statments?

No i do not, but i am fairly positive ioi hasn't got the Wii/PS3 mixed up in his numbers for France and UK... especially seeing as in the past he has been 'relatively' close to GfK/chart-track. Also France has always been a relatively Nintendoised country [UK just follows the US] I think i can safely say, for UK and France, the PS3 doesn't come close to Wii, so even a 200% increase [ie 300% of previous numbers] wouldn't put it in the #1 spot, even less likely with PS2 in #2. Sony have put so much spin on this they could go back in time to save Lois Lane.... It's the most BS i have heard from them since the Australian CEO claimed 6 million sold WW back in April.

Around the Network

Guys, you know that ioi data does support this statment (at least a little)

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=X360&reg3=Europe&start=39264&end=39390

3 times: Yes. More than wii (in one week): close, so possible.

Just a thought.

I know for a fact that PS3 60GB has sold well in europe. But the 40gb is not so good. Atleast not in scandinavia.

@just ben.... indeed, if you take out the last week, average the three weeks before, you get 80k per week, compared to just before when it was under 30k, then it has nearly tripled, and as it is Sony they might have ignored recent weeks for Wii, and based it all off the week before PS3 price cut [when Wii was lower than PS2].

So if you ignore the recent rise in Wii sales, then the statement is true.

Or maybe he does not yet have that data. He isn't getting its data from us. how fast is GFK/Mediacreate?

Around the Network

I don't doubt that in some way, PS3 sales increased 3 times. What I doubt is that he made the statement without knowing that they were falling heavily after that already.

Before vgchartz, there would be no way to know bullshit from truth. Now, even if you admit that Others' sales have a big error margin, you can still tell that the "momentum" he speaks about hasn't been achieved.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

We will see about that NJ5 :o)

particularly when referencing to only 3 weeks.

Hmmm , well even though we all know that this is not true , the fact that the PS3 is selling much batter is there ... and thats a good thing :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Playstation 3 will "never" outsell the Wii, but at least it's selling better.