By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you become a nintendo fan?

Samus Aran said:

So, you didn't know who made Mario in let's say 2005?

xD

To be honest, save for a game here and there on the PS2 which I pretty much picked up at random when out shopping, I really wasn't that into video games even then. Real life and a woman got in the way of me playing games. Getting rid of the woman and the Wii with Wii Sports, Virtual Console, and the old school games like Punch Out, Twilight Princess, and Excite Truck brought back to life got me back into it.

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros for the NES was my most wanted game when I was young, back in the days when I only had an Atari and didn't know much about it. Romance started those days, but it became life long love in the days of the SNES. That's the console I enjoyed the big franchises and from those days to date Nintendo Consoles have always been my first option (NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSX, Wii, PS3, in that order).

VTnev27 said:
Samus Aran said:

xD

To be honest, save for a game here and there on the PS2 which I pretty much picked up at random when out shopping, I really wasn't that into video games even then. Real life and a woman got in the way of me playing games. Getting rid of the woman and the Wii with Wii Sports, Virtual Console, and the old school games like Punch Out, Twilight Princess, and Excite Truck brought back to life got me back into it.

strange, wii sports usually lures in the women

God bless old school games anyway <3

got a nes when I was 7. Loved it so much, never bought anything else but nintendo consoles and handhelds

Samus Aran said:
VTnev27 said:
Samus Aran said:

xD

strange, wii sports usually lures in the women

God bless old school games anyway <3

Nephews, nieces, and parents who would never touch a video game too

Around the Network

Nintendo fan, after

Nintendo worshipper, after the

Oh, my god, Nintendo realy is the second coming", after

And still is.

Demotruk said:
Pokemon.

This

I LOVE ICELAND!

I traded for a used NES in the mid-1990s.

Remember, I am a classic gamer ... I thought the NES was a child's toy when it first came out (ROB the Robot? come out. I will get my C64 thank you very much please).

But once I started playing, I was hooked.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

My Nintendo fandom started at back in 1986, when I got a NES for christmas from Santa Claus. At point I had nearly 50 games, a game genie, power glove, 4 standard controllers, 2 turbo controllers, 2 large arcade sized controllers and a NES carrying case that I never used because my house was the house to play NES at.
Then I was dumb enough to sell my games for trade in at Funcoland. I regret still to this day

I bought the SNES but never bought the N64 or Gamecube. My main reason was that I didn't like the controllers for either of them, nor did I like 3D Mario. Super Mario Galaxy is the only 3D Mario I actually enjoy.
So I guess you can call me a fair weather Nintendo fan. I lo