By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just got Eye of Judgment

ChichiriMuyo said:

As far as a broken Merfolk deck, well... what seems crazy in a precon vs. precon match simply isn't so. In fact, the states results show a ton of Goblins, Elves, and Faeries decks but no Merfolk decks. All those making top 8 of states is pretty baffling, though, since tribal decks have historically been bad or goblins.

All I know is with that merfolk deck I've lost only two games after slightly modifying it from the tournament starter and boosters, both due to just plain bad draws. The first one I lost because I only got one land and the other because I only drew plains. Other than that, nobody has even come close to beating me with any of the other preconstructs or their own creations.

I was playing against someone earlier this evening and he had a card that every time I cast a spell I draw 7 cards (yes, you read that right). Without casting a single spell I was still gaining 28 life a turn (though we stopped caring about life at that point and just wrote my total as infinite since I was already over 200 life). It's so easy to gain an insane amount of life and build an insane defense because of all the tribal crap that the deck just seriously broken. And this is all done with a proconstructed deck, a tournament pack, and a few boosters. Imagine what I could do if I was actually able to pick cards for this deck and not rely on chance (we can only use the cards we got-- we're on the honor system).

Around the Network

I had to edit that, Twestern. I was to hasty in looking over the States results. There are Merfolk decks, but most of them don't even play Summon the School.

However, the balance of the game can only be looked at from the tournament level and the Merfolk aren't breaking anything there. The fact of the matter is, if your friends are getting beat consistently by the Merfolk they need to consider some options they might not otherwise put in their decks to beat it. The cards exist, simply because no one you play agaisnt uses them does not mean the deck is unfair.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

It can still be pretty brutal without Summon the School but it works pretty good for me (fuels life gain, mill, tap/untapping, and card drawing) and it's what I got. I get two more packs next week so maybe I'll get something else.

Also, going and looking at deck strategies and relying on those as a source for what is good and what isn't is silly.  Actually, deck lists are what's ruining the game.

As long as you have fun with it, that's what actually matters. But your friends should be able to beat it if they get their hands on the right cards.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

You can say that about any deck.

Around the Network

uhm... plz people this is an EoJ thread and not a M:TG thread

@ smallflyingtaco )

I think there still neither are Linux nor Windows drivers for the Eye , but I'm sure people will do some soon.

@ king_of_the_castle )

the short answer is : yes - that's beside the cool feature to see your creatures , the main point of EoJ - online card gaming with real cards