By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just got Eye of Judgment

But those games generally ganer widespread praise. Folklore had one great review by IGN, and a ton of average and so-so reviews.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Ah, so what you are saying is that you've never played M:tG then, right Words? It only goes that route if that's how you want to play, and any good player who just wants to have fun can always find someone else looking for just the same.

Also, if you were an actual player you'd be aware that 1st and 2nd turn wins are very, very rare outside of vintage, unless you take a really bad deck to a tournament/suck at the game. Of course, almost no one plays vintage competitively because it's not supported for any major tournaments whatsoever. Of course, when there is a sizeable vintage tournament it's a godsend that the games end by the third turn because the decks are so complex that it actually takes upwards of 5 minutes for a really good player to complete a single turn.

Really, if you had any idea what tournament Magic is like you'd never make that claim. The majority of Magic players never even go to a tournament according to WotC's marketing research, and the game is so balanced now that it's fairly rare that you can even build a tournament legal deck capable winning in the first two turns. Even if the opponent didn't play a single card.

Honestly, you simply don't know a thing about M:tG if your view on it is that there is no casual player base and that everybody is winning or losing in the first two turns.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

After playing for a while I realize that carpet = evil. The game is interesting. Not at the level of MtG but it is addicting. The rules take a while to get used to and the fact I could only get my ultimate creature to attack once mad me lose (think I screwed up placing or something). I still need to mess with the deck as I have more cards then I should in it. Deck is limited to 30 cards (which is good, yu-gi-oh there is no limit which it's funny to see a kid with a 200 card deck).

The game isnt perfect but it truly isnt anywhere close to bad. I'd say 8/10 material here.

The game is a pretty good package though and the fact you can get EyeCreate for free adds value to the PSEye. I only made a retarded 20 second video of my dog sniffing the cam. The quality is pretty good for what it is.

EyeCreate - 7/10 - its free, but still could use more editing tools and features.

I think the cam is a touch better then 5mpx as my 5mpx digital cam doesnt shot video as well as the PSEye does.

8/10 - by itself its only $40 which is well worth it. In the package you would be an idiot to pass it up if you own a PS3.

So ya quick review scores:

EOJ: 8.3/10
EyeCreate: 7/10
PSEye: 8/10

Compete package w/ EyeCreate downloaded: 8/10

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Awesome review ^^ I might pick this up for our house over the holidays :P I think the ability to play people all over the world with your deck of cards is really badass, I'd get it based on that alone.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChichiriMuyo said:
Ah, so what you are saying is that you've never played M:tG then, right Words? It only goes that route if that's how you want to play, and any good player who just wants to have fun can always find someone else looking for just the same.

Also, if you were an actual player you'd be aware that 1st and 2nd turn wins are very, very rare outside of vintage, unless you take a really bad deck to a tournament/suck at the game. Of course, almost no one plays vintage competitively because it's not supported for any major tournaments whatsoever. Of course, when there is a sizeable vintage tournament it's a godsend that the games end by the third turn because the decks are so complex that it actually takes upwards of 5 minutes for a really good player to complete a single turn.

Really, if you had any idea what tournament Magic is like you'd never make that claim. The majority of Magic players never even go to a tournament according to WotC's marketing research, and the game is so balanced now that it's fairly rare that you can even build a tournament legal deck capable winning in the first two turns. Even if the opponent didn't play a single card.

Honestly, you simply don't know a thing about M:tG if your view on it is that there is no casual player base and that everybody is winning or losing in the first two turns.

Yes, of course, because my experiences are different from yours I must have no idea of what I'm talking about.

I played MTG for a while with a group of 10+ players, 3 of which were type 1 (vintage) tournament players who ran power and 2 of which are type 2 tournament players. The 3 type 1 players were eventually uninvited simply due to the fact they ripped the fun out of the game and even their "casual" decks had engines going. I have no interest in playing with someone who drops mox and swings for the win with a combo on turn 2.

There are fine lines between a fun casual deck, a non-casual deck, and a tournament deck. Very much akin to the difference between a simple nightmare/zombie deck, a Cowardice/Triskellion/Mycosynth deck, and power nine deck.

Also, accusing someone of not knowing what their talking about destroys your own credibility.

Around the Network

If your using your PS3 as a part time Linux box do they have Linux drivers for the Eye?

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

well i like my turn 7 kill dragon deck^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Lafiel said:

it's not as deep as Magic:The Gathering , but still there is a lot of strategy involved especially in trying to construct a balanced and powerful deck

MTG = Do I win turn 1 or turn 2?

MTG is a game where deck value and chances of winning are proportional and one that goes from really fun casual play to really nasty tournament-style play almost instantly.

I've actually won tournaments with all common decks just to prove to people I could (it's pretty easy to do with green or black and I imagine it wouldn't be hard with white) and even brought decks made up of just commons and uncommons to large DCI sanctioned tournaments just to prove they could do well even there (didn't win but did pretty decently-- had a winning record). It's not hard to build a $6 M:tG and do very well, you just can't build the decks that people often post on the internet (and I could even beat those decks with my cheap ass decks). Even beating those insane combo decks isn't that hard with a good sidebaord. The thing you have going for you is that you actually built your deck and know how to play it (assuming you do build your own deck) as opposed to those twits that go on the internet and copy the best most expensive decks that aren't as good with the deck.

ChichiriMuyo said:
Also, if you were an actual player you'd be aware that 1st and 2nd turn wins are very, very rare outside of vintage, unless you take a really bad deck to a tournament/suck at the game.

I can get 2nd turn kills with fairly recent cards (to me at least-- something shortly after Urza's I beleive) and I can 3rd and 4th turn kills with little effort with another deck that's a little more recent. It's not that hard if you actually know how to build a deck.

ChichiriMuyo said: Really, if you had any idea what tournament Magic is like you'd never make that claim. The majority of Magic players never even go to a tournament according to WotC's marketing research, and the game is so balanced now that it's fairly rare that you can even build a tournament legal deck capable winning in the first two turns. Even if the opponent didn't play a single card.

The game is not balanced, each new set unbalances the game more. In fact, you can make an infinite combo fairly easily with one of the new sets preconstructs (the merfolk one). We're having a tournament as work and I was lucky enough to get that deck which came with some stupid powerful cards (all common and uncommon). We got a preconstructed deck, a tournament pack (75 random cards including a lot of land) and 5 boosters and now I have a deck made of common and uncommons that can easily make infinite creatures, infinite life, take infinite turns, or mill you to death. -edit- Just in case people ask, the cards needed (forget the names of some so I'm guessing): Summon the School (UC), 3W, Tribal Merfolk Sorcery: Put two Merfolk tokens into play. You can tap four merfolk you control to bring this card back to your hand. Merrow Reeferey (UC), 3B, Creature - Merfoll: All merfolk you control get +1/+1. Whenever a merfolk comes into play you may tap or untap target permanent. 2/2 With those two cards I start the infinite combo, just need two Merrow's out (which isn't hard with all the card drawing and search cards there are that are amazing) I get infinite creatures. The moment I get three Merrow's out, I win. I either use the merfolk that gives me infinite life, the merfolk that mills the player, or the merfolk that gives me an extra turn every time it hits the player (though that one is a rare). It's just too easy even with a four card combo.