By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just got Eye of Judgment

Words Of Wisdom said:
Lafiel said:

it's not as deep as Magic:The Gathering , but still there is a lot of strategy involved especially in trying to construct a balanced and powerful deck

MTG = Do I win turn 1 or turn 2?

MTG is a game where deck value and chances of winning are proportional and one that goes from really fun casual play to really nasty tournament-style play almost instantly.

Speaking of MTG.. I miss my sliver deck >.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Also, if you were an actual player you'd be aware that 1st and 2nd turn wins are very, very rare outside of vintage, unless you take a really bad deck to a tournament/suck at the game.

I can get 2nd turn kills with fairly recent cards (to me at least-- something shortly after Urza's I beleive) and I can 3rd and 4th turn kills with little effort with another deck that's a little more recent. It's not that hard if you actually know how to build a deck.

urza?? isn't that like 1999?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
twesterm said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Also, if you were an actual player you'd be aware that 1st and 2nd turn wins are very, very rare outside of vintage, unless you take a really bad deck to a tournament/suck at the game.

I can get 2nd turn kills with fairly recent cards (to me at least-- something shortly after Urza's I beleive) and I can 3rd and 4th turn kills with little effort with another deck that's a little more recent. It's not that hard if you actually know how to build a deck.

That's recent to me. I start forgetting the set names after that. I think I quit the first time around 2003, got back into it around 2005, got my cards stolen, and just getting back into it again.

twesterm said:
kirby007 said:
twesterm said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

That's recent to me. I start forgetting the set names after that. I think I quit the first time around 2003, got back into it around 2005, got my cards stolen, and just getting back into it again.

I started playing with 1st and second edition(Alpha and Beta), I got me a black lotus or two~.^ I have a "Jester" deck with jesters masks/caps that just messes with people. A 2nd turn kill deck(makes you draw all your cards) and a "spell lock" blue deck that makes you spend life or sacrifice things to cast spells or attack. I stopped played around 5th edition though I own some 6th edition cards.. I even have a set of RARE land cards that display the phases of the lunar eclipse. They were only available during the briefly done Guru program.

souixan said:
twesterm said:
kirby007 said:
twesterm said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

I started playing with 1st and second edition(Alpha and Beta), I got me a black lotus or two~.^ I have a "Jester" deck with jesters masks/caps that just messes with people. A 2nd turn kill deck(makes you draw all your cards) and a "spell lock" blue deck that makes you spend life or sacrifice things to cast spells or attack. I stopped played around 5th edition though I own some 6th edition cards.. I even have a set of RARE land cards that display the phases of the lunar eclipse. They were only available during the briefly done Guru program.
that is pretty expensive,  i think mana crypt is my most expensive one

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
souixan said:
twesterm said:
kirby007 said:
twesterm said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

that is pretty expensive, i think mana crypt is my most expensive one

My most expensive deck is probably in my all black bordered Mirror Universe/Lich deck. It's stupid but it's fun.

With Eye of Judgement, is there online matchmaking? If so, I'd be really interested, the main reason I don't play TCG's is because I don't anyone else who'd be into it.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

souixan said:

Speaking of MTG.. I miss my sliver deck >.< Me: "I attack you.. for 5,000" Friend: "How!? With everything you have?" Me: "No just this one token... I have coat of arms." Back to the task at hand, I wasn't a fan of Eye of Judgment, it's not bad per se, just a little too short for me I dunno.

One of my best friends runs a casual squirrel deck with Nut Collector, Kamahl Fist of Krosa, and Coat of Arms and that's a funny deck... at least until you have giant 13/13 trampling squirrels coming your way. It wouldn't do much outside of casual play, but casual play is where we've had the most fun so it's great.

nice, i just played for fun , i have an reanimate deck which is pretty nice and a foiled silverdeck

Casual play is the only thing I've really done for the past five years. I just got tired of tournaments and the fact there were really only three or four different decks there. Casual play is a lot more fun anyways, especially six or so player games. Politics is fun.