By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix is lazier than Nintendo...

They are lazy, the only thing they do is make FF remakes. Wada's plan is to just milk that franshise do nothing for the other popular ones that they made. They're lazy....or stupid. I don't get why peopoe keep buying their remakes, we have to do a boycott and tell them we're not buying anything until they make Chrono Res, and other thingies.

Around the Network
RageBot said:
jarrod said:
RageBot said:
And Square ARE lazy, they don't make inspired games anymore, where are the days of Xenogears? Chrono Cross? Vagrant Story? The Great Final Fantasies? (6,7,9).

I'd take Dragon Quest over any of them.  Ew Xenogaers. :/

I do miss Matsuno though.  At least Kawazu's been (mostly) delivering still.

DQ is not my cup of tea, I prefer good plot, characters and soundtrack in my RPG, not gameplay (lol :P)

But DQ is more about a good plot, characters and soundtrack than gameplay. Actually, DQ always have a great plot.

No they have more important things to do than with small projects.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

^^^ Chrono is a small project?!!!?

morenoingrato said:

No, of course not. It's a large scale project. It's in the same vein as Mario Galaxy 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Modern Warfare 2. Really big budget with potential for massive sales.

Are you sure you understand what the word lazy means? Nothing you've described about Square, or anyone else has shows laziness on their part. Maybe there's a different word you're looking for?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

^^^ what word? I'm not good with words...
I'm also the last person to say something negative about chrono trigger after watching my sig an avatar

morenoingrato said:
^^^ what word? I'm not good with words...
I'm also the last person to say something negative about chrono trigger after watching my sig an avatar

I don't know what word, since I don't know what you're trying to convey about Square. It seems you just have some silly pet peeve stemming from some Chrono Trigger fan project never seeing the light of day, the constant barrage against Nintendo, and figured you could combine the two. All I'm saying is that Square Enix not picking up a fan project, finishing it and then publicly releasing it is not laziness. It's merely a choice, considering this was ever up for consideration. Laziness would be them having a team working on it, that were late, slow, and thoroughly poor at their jobs. Laziness as a company would be making decisions meant to stifle any growth or advancement. While Square doesn't always make the best decisions, they typically make these decisions in an effort to become a better and more profitable publisher, which doesn't point towards laziness.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Well now that CT has sold one million... what more can we show Square? Obviously It's not going to do Dragon Quest numbers just being a port to the DS with a few extras.

It's just that simple.

Onyxmeth said:
morenoingrato said:

No, of course not. It's a large scale project. It's in the same vein as Mario Galaxy 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Modern Warfare 2. Really big budget with potential for massive sales.

Are you sure you understand what the word lazy means? Nothing you've described about Square, or anyone else has shows laziness on their part. Maybe there's a different word you're looking for?

Uninspired, unoriginal, complacent?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

jarrod said:
RageBot said:
And Square ARE lazy, they don't make inspired games anymore, where are the days of Xenogears? Chrono Cross? Vagrant Story? The Great Final Fantasies? (6,7,9).

I'd take Dragon Quest over any of them.  Ew Xenogaers. :/

I do miss Matsuno though.  At least Kawazu's been (mostly) delivering still.

Keep in mind all the request DQ have been done by Level 5 (awesome devs).  They only been published by SE.