By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will be the better RPG FFXIII or FFversusXIII

The day that people will stop is the day their mom buys the other systems they don't have.

Around the Network

Quite possibly Versus XIII. I don't quite like the design decisions in FFXIII.

thats true Huya LOL! Im just tired of FF games that are about the future and extremely colourful and thats FFXIII... FFversusXIII reminds me of advent children and i love that movie!! i guess i just want a darker FF and thats FFversusXIII but there is people out there that will love the future FF games with a lot of colour...

Where is darth and carl, they must say Final Fantasy 13!

Acevil said:

I think even Darth would say Versus XIII!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

I don't think it's fair to ask this question yet. So far there has only been CGI trailers of FFXVIII, so we can only assume from what Nomura explained for his vision of FFXVIII.

I think that if they can actually implement their vision of a Darker themed FF, coupled with a battle system and game style closer to the KH games, then I don't see why FFXVIII won't be the better RPG, but we really can't say yet.

Edit - Can people please stop turning every single thread into PS3 vs 360? That's off-topic and flamebait.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

iLLmaticV3 said:
Acevil said:

I think even Darth would say Versus XIII!

Nah I trust Darth to make the right choice! :P

We can't possibly know that much about Versus to conclude on whether it's going to be better or worse, semi-objectively.
But I'm going to enjoy it more because of the characters and atmosphere.

Final Fantasy XIII, and I don't own any of the consoles

If FFvsXIII is a more conservative or traditional game, i'd say Versus.