By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - microsoft, the king of trash talking

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/776/776545p1.html oh no they didnt

Around the Network

I see babies going into shops all the time and buying consoles, microsoft is right :D

I imagine a lot of the trash talking that Microsoft and Sony will do in the comming months will be caused by the frustration on being outsold by consoles which represent the complete opposite of where they thought the industry was going. When you look at the PSP, PS3 and XBox 360 you see three consoles which are centered around prettier graphics, multimedia functionality and (to a certain extent) online gameplay; and these systems are being outsold by the Nintendo DS and Wii which are focused on simple accessable gameplay with very minimal online infastructure or multimedia capabilities.

It's taking it out of context, that MS dude basically stated that a new generation of kids are being brought into the gaming world through the Wii. When those kids grow up they'll want something else. How many 14 year old would choose Mario over Master Chief. Microsoft is stating that they'll want to get something that's not so family friendly. "Yo dude, come over to my house after school, we can play some Paper Mario after my sister and her friends are done playing Wii Sport"

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

The truth is, thats what happened to me, I turned 14 and then I got my 360. Even my dad has always said the same thing, he said that if I was 9 he wouldn't have bought me one.

Around the Network

Andrew said: The truth is, thats what happened to me, I turned 14 and then I got my 360. Even my dad has always said the same thing, he said that if I was 9 he wouldn't have bought me one.
Just a guess here but are you american, white, middle class?

I bought my niece a Wii for her 10th birthday, maybe in 4 years a ps3/360 :D. To be honest I felt it was the only choice for her.

Please. My friends and I are 18-20 somes and we love playing the Wii. The Virtual Console games are great for the memories of the good ol' days, and the new Wii games are fun for parties. We play 360 too, mainly Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas, and we love that...but it's just stupid to say the Wii's only for kids. To be honest, I pick Mario over Master Chief. I don't own a 360, so the hype for Halo isn't as big on me, and the game doesn't look to be that spectacular in my opinion. Perhaps what he meant was 14 year olds will probably buy a 360 because they think it's "mature" to shoot people all the time.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

gebx said: It's taking it out of context, that MS dude basically stated that a new generation of kids are being brought into the gaming world through the Wii. When those kids grow up they'll want something else. How many 14 year old would choose Mario over Master Chief. Microsoft is stating that they'll want to get something that's not so family friendly. "Yo dude, come over to my house after school, we can play some Paper Mario after my sister and her friends are done playing Wii Sport"
that happens because almost every 14 years old boys have identity problems and have to play more "adult" games, so they can fell more "adult" and be part of the group =) when you get older you go back to mario and forget master chief

I used to hate playing halo2 because every 2nd game you played you would come across some 14 yr old american screaming obscenities and basically ruining the game for you. Thanks america, actually thanks microsoft for raising a generation of loud mouthed punk ass kids