By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - microsoft, the king of trash talking

So I'm a 30 year old baby, thanks and so all the people I know who're 20+ and own a WII as well... screw Microsoft. They should wonder first how it is possible that people in Japan don't buy their darn console, instead of being the so superb one, because in Japan, they're not and neither according to me

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network

I do believe this is true. What he forgot to mention, is that once there customers get through puberty, the "Halo" game genre gets old. My 8 and 10 year olds would love to play Halo type games if we allowed them. Once most people reach 25, they tend to look for a bit more than just a shoot'em up type game. Sure there are 30, 40, 50 year olds that are still playing these type of games, but the percentages go way down. The 360 is sorely lacking in games for over 25 year old gamers. This is where the Wii excels. The PS3 has some games for both, but not enough right now. So I do believe that a 14 year old would think he was too mature for Nintendo games. The reality is, he's not mature enough to appreciate them.

Damn 23 year old and still playing with Nintendo. I think I must stop and go buy myself a xbox...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

@ Whatever, wow well said! That's exactly what I feel, Xbox 360 doesn't really interests me as there are too many of the same kind of games released on it and those are shooters / action / sports games. Same thing happens on the PS3 right now. The few RPG and adventure games which have been released so far on the 360 aren't worth enough for me to spend over 400USD. Rumors are spreading that Media Vision, creators of Wild Arms, are looking for programmers for a WII project and Nippon Ichi is dealing with Nintendo about contracts at the moment for creating games on the WII and DS. Those are really good signs, seems like that WII will (hopefully) have a bunch of RPG games for itself. Also the WII makes me buying games which I normally wouldn't buy when only using the button controls, such as Wario and Rayman and even sports and racegames!

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

dallas said: Microsoft is spot on with this. When the NES was introduced the average gamer's age was probably 10 or 12. Now it is 21, b/c these kids are grown up and want to continue with the same kinds of toys that they have used previously, but in a more adult fashion, obviously.
yea, and nintendo products is what they grew up with, and thats where many like to stay. nintendo has its "big boi" games and will likly get more. its cheapest to make games for the wii, and the wii is quickly becoming the most sold console, so alot of companies are going to want there piece of the pie. and why is wanting more adult fashion games obvious? anyone who cant have fun playing warioware is either too proud (either a fanboy for sony or microsoft, or doesnt want to appear childish) or has no sense of fun. growing old is madatory, growing up is optional. anyone leaving the so called "kiddie" games behind is missing a huge part of what gamming really is.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network

Narfer said: dallas said: Microsoft is spot on with this. When the NES was introduced the average gamer's age was probably 10 or 12. Now it is 21, b/c these kids are grown up and want to continue with the same kinds of toys that they have used previously, but in a more adult fashion, obviously. yea, and nintendo products is what they grew up with, and thats where many like to stay. nintendo has its "big boi" games and will likly get more. its cheapest to make games for the wii, and the wii is quickly becoming the most sold console, so alot of companies are going to want there piece of the pie. and why is wanting more adult fashion games obvious? anyone who cant have fun playing warioware is either too proud (either a fanboy for sony or microsoft, or doesnt want to appear childish) or has no sense of fun. growing old is madatory, growing up is optional. anyone leaving the so called "kiddie" games behind is missing a huge part of what gamming really is.
I meant "the same kinds of toys" in the sense of videogames in general, not brands but brands will have a small but not total effect, or sony would never have dominated in the days of the PS2. Of course. Now we are arguing the effect of staying with what you grew up with versus moving on to a console that will appeal to tween's tastes. The question is, does the wii have enough adult appeal? I certainly think so for parents of younger kids, b/c they would want something without too much sex or violence shown. But older kids will want a XBOX or PS3, I would think. I just can't imagine that a 20 year old would want to play with these crappy cartoonish games. Sorry.

Sigh.... Always with the pidgeonholing gamers. Nintendo markets to kids, but everyone can (and does) buy Nintendo systems. The same is said for the Xbox. I find it odd that everyone seems to think that every Xbox owner is a white teenage male. I don't think everyone remembers what the biggest selling games for the last generation was: Grand Theft Auto III, VC and SA for the PS2. One could assume that the PS2 is more teen-oriented, afterall, these ultra-violent games were on PS2. Xbox has Halo and other shooters, yes, but it also has Forza, Fable, Knights of the Old Republic and Morrowind for exclusive, good-selling Xbox games. I'm an RPG gamer, and that primarily. I really enjoy my few RPGs I've had for my 360 - PSU, Oblivion, EM and Marvel:UA, and am even more excited that Sacred 2, Two Worlds, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, and Blue Dragon are all coming out this year.... The 360 doesn't have a mold of shooters that everyone thinks it does. Yes, Gears, CoD2 and GRAW are great-selling games, but so were Oblivion, Madden and Dead Rising. Nintendo has great games that aren't entirely kid-friendly: Metroid, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Batien Katos, ect are great games I don't consider "kiddie" and Sony has games that are kid-friendly too.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

dallas said: Narfer said: dallas said: Microsoft is spot on with this. When the NES was introduced the average gamer's age was probably 10 or 12. Now it is 21, b/c these kids are grown up and want to continue with the same kinds of toys that they have used previously, but in a more adult fashion, obviously. yea, and nintendo products is what they grew up with, and thats where many like to stay. nintendo has its "big boi" games and will likly get more. its cheapest to make games for the wii, and the wii is quickly becoming the most sold console, so alot of companies are going to want there piece of the pie. and why is wanting more adult fashion games obvious? anyone who cant have fun playing warioware is either too proud (either a fanboy for sony or microsoft, or doesnt want to appear childish) or has no sense of fun. growing old is madatory, growing up is optional. anyone leaving the so called "kiddie" games behind is missing a huge part of what gamming really is. I meant "the same kinds of toys" in the sense of videogames in general, not brands but brands will have a small but not total effect, or sony would never have dominated in the days of the PS2. Of course. Now we are arguing the effect of staying with what you grew up with versus moving on to a console that will appeal to tween's tastes. The question is, does the wii have enough adult appeal? I certainly think so for parents of younger kids, b/c they would want something without too much sex or violence shown. But older kids will want a XBOX or PS3, I would think. I just can't imagine that a 20 year old would want to play with these crappy cartoonish games. Sorry.
akjlflksajl *GASP!!!! count to 10, narfer, dont do anything rash. 1..... 2..... 3..... 4..... THATS ENOUGH!!! so basically you just put yourself in 1 of my 2 groups. again i say, anyone should forget about there pride and be able to have fun on those kinds of "cartoonish" games. they are fun, and there are plenty of more grown up games. im 17, and love these games. a game that has sex, nudity, violence, extreme HD graphics, all that means is its a good movie, but is it fun? movies arent fun, they are entertaining. are these actionpacked M games fun? thats important. thats why i said in my last post, "anyone leaving the so called "kiddie" games behind is missing a huge part of what gamming is." and that is fun. thats the roots, the simple sidescrollers that were fun. nintendo has both worlds, and undoubtably AT LEAST the best of the classic and pure entertainment/fun world. my brother is in college, him and his roomys (literaly, the entire dorm) get together most everyday and play simple fun wii games to advanced "matured" wii games. a bunch of early 20 kids, who all vary what type of person they are (they arent just a bunch of losers, they are losers, party goes, druggies, gays, etc) and they all game together, not a ps3 or 360 to be found. kids that age can and do enjoy and love games like that.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

who cares what these corporate says. they say things badmouthing other consoles, in the end, it doesn't really matter. the only thing that ever matters is which console is selling more. every time they say something badmouthing another console, i feel these companies are just trying to defend themselves when they know the truth will prove them wrong.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

My point isn't one of absolutes, that ALL wii users are 5 years old. That would be stupid, but every company knows who it markets to and I think that the PS3/360 combo likes an older crowd. If you can't get this, then you are just being an argumentative fanboy.